Philips 20" 200W6CS Widescreen TFT LCD

Associate
Does anyone not have their post and windows boot screens coming up stretched, despite being in native or fill with aspect monitor modes?
&why might this be...? :confused:

Also hows best to stop some apps trying to use 75 hz when we need 60?

Soldato
Was in a certain well known large PC-selling outlet that tends to operate from retail parks yesterday.

They had a couple of these on display, one of which was showing a 1024x786 desktop on stretched mode. Yuck. Had a mess with the settings then kindly adjusted the resolution to native while they weren't looking. Then went over to one of the sales assistants asking if they had a DVD or something that I could have a look at on one of them. Nope. No video saved on the PCs either.

Some people really don't know how to sell their products.

Anyway, from what I could tell it looks very impressive for the price. Good build quality, viewing angles, sharp picture etc. Might be thinking of getting one once I've been paid. The 1:1 pixel ratio option and preserved aspect scaling are important to me. as I expect to be playing a few games that even WSGF don't seem to be able to sort out and stretching would drive me nuts.

Just one question: Does it come in black? I assume you can have any colour you want as long as it's silver.

Soldato
Just to answer my own question: It does come in black in North America. The black version's model number is 200C6WB. As far as I'm aware no supplier in the UK stocks the black version.

Any chance OCUK can get the black version in stock?

Soldato
Just thought I'd chime in and say I've had mine for a week now and have been very happy with it. The picture quality seems very good and can display colours a lot better than my old CRT, but its not as black as the CRT.
The 1:1 pixel mapping is excellent and is great for the xbox 360.

If its any help I have mine set at :

Brightness 35
Contrast 40
Colour: User Define, 50, 50, 50.
Size: Native.

Oh and even tho on the box the serial ended in 05, the actual monitors serial ends in 00

Mick

BTW: If you shop around you can get these for £285, got mine for £275.

Soldato
Wrote to Philips to find out if the black version is available in the UK. They responded within a couple of hours and told me that it's only available in the USA and Canada. As far as they are aware there are no plans to introduce it in Europe.

Nevermind. The black version would match my case better but you can't have everything.

Soldato
Don't suppose OcUK will be getting these back in will they? They seem to be becoming thin on the ground, guess they're out of production. I might actually have to buy one from the purple shirt place :eek:

Soldato
Thinking of buying this monitor, but I want the 200W6CS/00 model not the 05 one. Is there any way of telling which model it is from the outside of the box? Maybe one of the white stickers on the box has the model number on it?

Cheers :)

Caporegime
fish99 said:
Don't suppose OcUK will be getting these back in will they? They seem to be becoming thin on the ground, guess they're out of production. I might actually have to buy one from the purple shirt place :eek:

Get the NEC... it's better. :)

Associate
fish99 said:
Thinking of buying this monitor, but I want the 200W6CS/00 model not the 05 one. Is there any way of telling which model it is from the outside of the box? Maybe one of the white stickers on the box has the model number on it?

Cheers :)

It will be on a white sticker on the box, however when I bought my 200W6CS/00 the box said 200W6CS/05, which is the 16ms version but all the references to 16ms on the box had been covered with little stickers. Before buying I opened the box and checked the serial number on the back of the monitor and it was 200W6CS/00.

Just to add, I'm very impressed with this monitor, I play a lot of games and I haven't noticed any ghosting at all, and it doesn't really seem to be affected by input lag either.

Soldato
Thanks for that :)

As it happens though the 'stamping down on prices' place has just sold out of them, like, today. It's just not my week is it :) However a rainforest related site have them in but there's no way to check whether it's 00 or 05 ordering from there. The specs list both 8 ms and 16 ms on their page.

My guess is it's unlikely anywhere will have the old 16 ms screen in stock still so I should be ok.

Hmm.... the Philips off the rainforest related site or the Dell off the well known auction site (now all sold out)... or maybe the Viewsonic from OcUK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom