Phillips BDM4350UC 43"

Soldato
I was holding out for this but gave up and went with a Samsung 2015 40" 4K TV instead, saving over £100 in the process. No display port but you get 4:4:4 chroma at 60hz over HDMI 2.0 ( so you need a Nvidia 9 or 10series card). Very happy so far and find great for what I use ( desktop, YouTube, movies, flight sims and RTS).

What Samsung is that please?

Personally haven't seen any that do 4:4:4 that are cheaper than £530.

Associate
Its the UE40JU6500. KU would be the 2016 models. Paid £459.

2016-06-26_zpsgfzroacy.png

Associate
Don't notice the curve at all, its relatively slight. Seems pretty natural now. Yes the electrical store I purchased it from seem to have sold their remaining stock.

Associate
Am I going to be ok using this monitor with a single Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 TI GEF?

Fallout 4
Doom
Photoshop CS5

Last edited:
Associate
I bought this monitor 2 days ago.
1) It doen't have Display Port 1.3, so for 4K 60Hz i had to go only via HDMI 2.0.
2) At the beggining i had some burn in effect. After the setup with lower brightness it was ok.
3) The Monitor suffers from Frame Skipping guys. I tried to play FIFA 18 and i noticed something like hiccup every 3-4 seconds. I tried the in game settings and settings from nvidia control panel, but nothing changed. Then, i tested the monitor with online frame skipping software and unfortunately, i verified the frame skipping problem.

This is basically a useless product. Frame Skipping? Why? You have to married with lag with this monitor. I don't ask for low input lag, or gaming features, but frame skipping is very serious situation.
I had some dead pixels btw.
Luckily, the store was refunded me.
I was very scared. I thought I had lost my money and that I had to stay with it.

Stay away from this monitor. If you are using Editing Sofware only like AutoCad or something go for it. If you play even casual games is a very very bad choise.

Thanks! :)

Soldato
Out of interest, did you not read my review of the BDM4350UC? The frame skipping issue is specifically highlighted. Also, it supports DP 1.2 which is all that's required for 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz.

Soldato
Ah that's a shame. You also need to make sure DP 1.2 is selected in the OSD, it defaults to 1.1. If you did that and it still didn't have 60Hz selectable, something is odd.

Back
Top Bottom