Phoenix Point - new strategy game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Soldato
Having played until now on BB5 and started getting into the plot with the released game tonight, looks really interesting story with multiple choice branching. (we shall see on that thought)

Also all interaction now with the factions is voiced and the Synedrion ones are using "Greek accent" given the theme and the words used to describe the faction etc.
(Synedrion is Greek word for Congress and Convention).

Also on the second site investigated found my favourite class, a Technician :D

Soldato
Looks like they did not quiet know the MS process for submission, hopefully see something soon: https://forums.snapshotgames.com/t/microsoft-game-pass-and-microsoft-store-info/5933

Dear Fans, Backers, and Players,

We’re so excited to see so many of you playing Phoenix Point! The response to our launch has been overwhelming, and we’re absolutely thrilled to see the community discussing the game, streaming the game, and, most of all, playing the game in huge numbers!

We know that some of you are waiting for our release on Microsoft Xbox Game Pass for PC and the Microsoft Windows Store. We want to update you on the status of that.

The fact is we dropped the ball. We were exceedingly busy getting the game itself ready, and being inexperienced with Game Pass and the Microsoft Store, we simply had not properly prepared the groundwork to get the game released on time on these platforms. Compared to other platforms we’re on these platforms require a number of pre-requisites, from Microsoft certification to legal documentation review. While these are now mostly complete, they have given rise to a number of new delays.

Specifically, we are currently unable to make the same content available on Microsoft’s platform that is available to players on other platforms. Since we want to make sure all players have access to all versions of Phoenix Point regardless of where they choose to play, we need to get this working before we can release.

This issue was not anticipated by us and has caused unexpected delay over and above our delay waiting for certification. We had hoped to have Game Pass players, at least, up and running today, but it now seems like there will be further delays. We do not have an ETA for Phoenix Point on Game Pass or the Windows Store yet. Please know we are working as hard and as quickly as possible with our partners at Microsoft to resolve these issues and will keep you informed.

As always, thank you for supporting Phoenix Point, and we hope to see you on the battlefield soon!

Soldato
Bugger. Still, since I got the gamepass offer, I've wasted plenty of time in Into the Breach, and am now just playing kingdom come deliverance for the first time, so it's not as though I've got nothing to do!

Soldato
FYI to all. If a nest eludes your scanners and becomes a lair, you need a lot of ammunition to clear it out. If you are Anu followers a Priest is also mandatory.
And by a lot of ammo, more than 3 magazines per Assault solder per weapon (rifle & shotgun). Yes both types of gun needed at same solder, with 2 medkits.

Sniper 3 sniping rifle and 3 pistol magazines and your heavy make sure can carry both the Goliath (2 magazines) and Hell Canon (2 magazines).
Get ready for the fight of your life even on Veteran mode, let higher difficulties. Enjoy one of the maps.

hhShdPT.jpg

Soldato
A tip found today when tried to pick subclass for my new sniper.
If you like do not pick subclass immediately when that's available and you plan to ally some faction. When you do so, you can pick their classes as subclass.
So you can have a Sniper Infiltrator, a Heavy Technician or an Assault Priest (and all combinations) etc. That way and if your Heavy has personal skill with close combat weapon & Brawler (Heavy skill) picking the melee Anu subclass can one hit anything find in it's path. Even a Siren and can 2 hit Chirons.

Soldato
Not sure if anyone else may have issues on Windows store version on Ultrawide. Seems for me at least, on 3440 x 1440 panel, some of the context windows and buttons on it are visible in fullscreen. Setting game to 2560 x 1440 brings it all back into the right positions and keeps game filling entire screen fine. Oddly just the context windows that seem to not work, rest of game and buttons when set to 3440 x 1440 is fine.

WtxO7j1.jpg

Soldato
Not sure if anyone else may have issues on Windows store version on Ultrawide. Seems for me at least, on 3440 x 1440 panel, some of the context windows and buttons on it are visible in fullscreen. Setting game to 2560 x 1440 brings it all back into the right positions and keeps game filling entire screen fine. Oddly just the context windows that seem to not work, rest of game and buttons when set to 3440 x 1440 is fine.

WtxO7j1.jpg

Several games have problems on UW if you get them through Xbox Game pass. FWIW is a good example.

Soldato
Any tips for this or anything to be wary of before o start the game? If it's like xcom some early decision can make life a lot harder later

Here's a few tips. At the start of the game build a food factory and a training center, then research haven recruitment and do 1 supply mission, this should give you enough resources to recruit a soldier and you should recruit atleast 1 solder ASAP to max out your current squad slots. I recommend an Assault, and if you plan on allying with a certain faction it's best you get your soldier from that faction. You can leave supply missions if you find them and can come back later when you fill out your squad.

When allocating skill points drop it all into Willpower first unless there is a good skill to take instead like Dash for Assault or Quickaim for Sniper and Boom Blast for Heavy. Willpower is the fuel for using skills in missions.

Research whatever after Haven recruitment until you get a Triton corpse to unlock shotguns for your Assaults and/or Arthron corpse to get the grenade launchers for your Heavy.

Always be scanning areas and scan on your border to push yourself into new territory, you can only fly to where you have scanned too. You might even build a second airship as a dedicated scanner. I did this in my current playthrough but the ship is a 10 day build and fairly pricey to build early on, and very quickly after I built it New Jercho allied with me and gave me a load of tech research including a new airship with an extra squad slot, so in my next game I think I'll hold off until I get a faction airship.

This is optional, build a second research lab, from my rough glance a second lab reduces research time 50% and that's huge. You might even be fortunate to find a second base early with a research lab.

Soldato
Away for a week now but have had some fun. So far feeling mobility is huge for engaging the enemy before they wreck objectives. Lost my firstguy through over aggression though.

Soldato
Away for a week now but have had some fun. So far feeling mobility is huge for engaging the enemy before they wreck objectives. Lost my firstguy through over aggression though.

You will always lose couple of boxes in scavenging missions. The point is ignore the food and push for the material and tech.
Also you can make a really fast unit, by adding Speed points and can cover the map with 2 consequent Dash before start using AP to shoot things.
Hell you can make melee heavy like that if you combine Berseker subclass with Heavy class if the personal skill is also Strength & 50% melee damage.
Had one guy like that crossing the field and smashing with 1 hammer blow anything small sized, including Sirens.

Soldato
Daft question, but I'm not sure I understand the aiming mechanics. There's no indication that I can see of the likelihood to hit. Is it simply a case of doing the manual aiming, and the percentage of your outer circle which doesn't have enemy in, that's your percentage chance of missing?

If so, further questions are:

What's the meaning of the smaller circle?
Is there a way of telling accuracy with the quicker 'take shot' option?
If there's another enemy within the reticule, is there a chance of missed shots hitting them instead?

Soldato
Daft question, but I'm not sure I understand the aiming mechanics. There's no indication that I can see of the likelihood to hit. Is it simply a case of doing the manual aiming, and the percentage of your outer circle which doesn't have enemy in, that's your percentage chance of missing?

If so, further questions are:

What's the meaning of the smaller circle?
Is there a way of telling accuracy with the quicker 'take shot' option?
If there's another enemy within the reticule, is there a chance of missed shots hitting them instead?

this article explains it all:https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...he-free-aiming-system-for-more-precise-shots/

100% of shots will land in the outside circle. 50% will land within the inner circle. Not sure on regards to other enemies, though I have hit enemies beside the enemy I was aiming for, hit some of my own men and damaged the environment so I do believe damage does indeed hit others your not specifically aiming for,

Auto shots seem to just aim centre of mass according to article.

Back
Top Bottom