Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Question about people buying a worktop from Ikea and using the Alex drawers, how are you securing them or are you just resting it on top?

i bought

28pc white self adhesive anti skid rubber pads floor furniture sticky protectors off ebay for mine, stops it sliding about plus the weight of the stuff on top no need for screws or fixings just found the alex instructions it does come supplied with some smaller rubber stick on things similar to what i bought must have mislaid them.

Last edited:
Desk update time.

I've recently bought a sit/stand desk from Ikea to replace my other desk, it's the hand crank one. I also bought the active sit/stand stool from Ikea - the idea is that I won't be lowering the desk and just using the stool to rest my legs. I've been using this setup for over a month and really enjoy it. The main driver behind the move is I've always had poor seated posture, and also sitting causes problems with my leg mobility/flexibility which is no good for the gym.

I sold my gaming PC back in October and have been using my work laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad 13 - i5-7200U, 8GB RAM, 256 SSD, 13" 1080p screen) as a temporary setup. I'm still undecided if I'll be getting a Apple desktop or another custom build PC later in the year when new hardware drops.

Here's a photo, taken on my phone due to not having a wide enough lens on my Fuji to get everything in. My office is smaller due to the loft conversion as we had to use some space to fit the new stairs. The desk is 160cm wide and it just fits, it was a challenge to build it in the space for sure.

I need a find a decent way of routing the extension lead that I have under the desk in the cable tidy, that will come later when I do some more work on the setup.

desk_setup_jan2019_web.jpg

Laptop has been replaced.

NZXT H200 ITX case
NZXT X62 Kraken
Intel 9700k
Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC
Asrock Phantom Gaming Z390 ITX
Corsair 16GB Vengeance RGB Pro
Corsair SF750 Platinum SFX PSU
Samsung 500GB M.2
Samsung 1TD SSD
2 x Noctua Chromax fans
Dell U2719D

Desk_Setup_Feb_2019_01.jpg

Desk_Setup_Feb_2019_02.jpg

Last edited:
Had a play with rainmeter and changed my wallpaper.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a desk mat, but I'm not sure I will like black since it's shows up all the dust.

desktop_wallpaper-1.jpg

Had a play with rainmeter and changed my wallpaper.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a desk mat, but I'm not sure I will like black since it's shows up all the dust.

Yep, that's why I've stopped using mine. Just shows every bit of dust and marks really easily. Would machine wash it regularly, but would never look clean after a couple of days heavy use

Yep, that's why I've stopped using mine. Just shows every bit of dust and marks really easily. Would machine wash it regularly, but would never look clean after a couple of days heavy use

I thought as much. I think I'd have to go with some PU leather.

Straight in the nostalgia feels.

I better get planning my home office setup seeing as I only have a week left until I start the new job.

Start with a standing desk and go from there :)

So clean dude, love it!!

Also, nice choice on background :D their new album is pretty good I think

Thanks! Yea their new album is different but cranked up loud it sounds pretty awesome.

I thought as much. I think I'd have to go with some PU leather.

Start with a standing desk and go from there :)

Thanks! Yea their new album is different but cranked up loud it sounds pretty awesome.

If you find a nice small leather mousepad let me know. I'd love to find one. I don't particularly like desk mats at all, too big for no good reason - used to have one.

Also lol, rainmeter. Blast from the past that one is!

Back
Top Bottom