Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Soldato
The drill came out, the mouse pad was dropped for now. Setup has almost reached power level 9000.

desk_setup_march2019-1.jpg

desk_setup_march2019-2.jpg

desk_setup_march2019-3.jpg
What keyboard/keycap set is that?

Associate
The Dell 27" 1440p goes back today. I couldn't live with the inferior text quality coming from a hiDPI laptop. So I now have a 27" 4K LG (27UK650) running with a 150% scaling and it looks so crisp.

Also picked up a hook to hang my headphones on under the desk, keeps the desk clutter free.

desk_setup_feb2019-1jpg

I would really like to know how is the picture quality between Dell U2719D and LG 27UK650. Resolution is obviously different but how do colours, contrast, backlight bleed and stuff like this compare. Dell is factory calibrated while LG is not, can LG match the colours of Dell? Some reviews also say that Dell is not flicker free while LG is, have you noticed any difference?

Can you please let us know.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I would really like to know how is the picture quality between Dell U2719D and LG 27UK650. Resolution is obviously different but how do colours, contrast, backlight bleed and stuff like this compare. Dell is factory calibrated while LG is not, can LG match the colours of Dell? Some reviews also say that Dell is not flicker free while LG is, have you noticed any difference?

Can you please let us know.

I have found the colours and contrast to be good, I don't have any way to measure them so it's more a case of "I don't have any issues with colours or contrast", they are where I would expect them to be. When editing photos in Lightroom the colours look good, but I'm not a professional who can measure it.

I haven't noticed any flickering. The main reason I changed is as mentioned in my post, sharper text and UI assets, and for this it delivers.

HDR within games is always a bonus.

Soldato
I have found the colours and contrast to be good, I don't have any way to measure them so it's more a case of "I don't have any issues with colours or contrast", they are where I would expect them to be. When editing photos in Lightroom the colours look good, but I'm not a professional who can measure it.

I haven't noticed any flickering. The main reason I changed is as mentioned in my post, sharper text and UI assets, and for this it delivers.

Thought of getting an i1 Display Pro or something of the like and calibrating it properly?

Soldato
My keyboard moves waaay too much to make a wire hole like that work. I like to be able to completely take the keyboard off the desk too. Don't think I can go back to wired now.

The setup as a whole looks incredible though.

Associate

Thank you. What about eye strain or headaches, did yo find that one monitor had any advantages over another after using it for several hours.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
So not every day is a bright sunny day, like today it's raining and light is poor. This gives the super white clean setup a different look.

I've also stopped using the wrist rest for now - extra minimalism.

I have a Keychron K2 keyboard coming which I will see how it looks in this setup, that comes in June. It's not white so that will be interesting!

setup_may2019-1.jpg

setup_may2019-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom