Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Associate
2nd picture not a fan of them cables. Looks a little bare and personally I would put the PC on the table so there’s more like room and I wasn’t kicking the computer.

Other than that nice n minimal. Just how it should be.

I've almost done no cable tidying other than trying to make it look neat on the desk. Like I said I'll do something to mount them underneath. May even use a bit of wood to hide them.

It is bare as there's no other furniture yet. I'm renovating the house so I plan on putting a picture rail back up, painting the room, pictures on wall etc etc.

I'd consider putting the case on the desk if it wasn't one that I had butchered to increase airflow. It's a 2m space so I'm not going to kick it.

Don
To utilise our space better, I decided to get rid of our office downstairs and make it into a more kid orientated room. PS4 etc in there for the two older kids, youngest has all his toys in one room.

We have a large, fairly wasted space upstairs on the landing so I moved my setup up there. My other half who was also in the office, and a keen gamer, was then moved to what we call the snug. Gaming wasn't the same with us split up so I decided to go to Ikea and sort her a desk.

£500 odd quid later buying desk, chair, monitor etc...

I can't believe how everything just fits so well, obviously I measured prior to getting the desk but to get one that matched the width, height and length perfectly was surprising.

I'm really happy with the look, she just needs some accessories for her desk now. I'm setting her up a mini PC so she has something to use other than her Chromebook at the desk.
We both WFH regularly so another desk is handy.

Also, I can't believe how poor the quality Ikea desks are now. I first bought my Galant 7 years ago, it's so well made. The ones now are so poor and cheaply made. I know it's Ikea but still, bring back the Galant and it's robustness!

5dMeSgi.jpg

VK1zvyg.jpg

etEgdjd.jpg

Soldato
Swapped out keyboard for my corsair one, it's got a number pad, which recently has been annoying me that I don't have on the small bluetooth one.

RlQVx4g.jpg

I need to get some shelves/ storage for my documents though and printer, it's getting annoying piled up.

IsNfzdH.jpg

This is about as tidy as it's been for a while mind lol

Permabanned
What UWs are those?

The bottom one is the LG 38UC99 and the top one is the Dell 3818DW. They're both the same panel, produced by LG, but the LG one has Freesync. What's kind of funny though is the Dell is rated as a 60Hz panel, yet it overclocks to 90Hz easily. The LG panel is rated as a 75Hz panel but can't be overclocked to 80Hz without weird behaviour.

I got 7 raspberry Pi's what can I say? lol

and that^ was the tidy bit, to the left is this lot...

I meant the insane amount of NAS storage you have!

Associate
Nerd levels rising...

252985533.jpg

I really like the desk, can I ask where you got it?

Soldato
You can never have too much storage.
I kind of disagree as I used to have lots of old hard drives with lots of useless junk on them all that been built up over many years of downloading & saving crap

Like I plug in one these old hard drives and have 50,000 files of crap like 20 year old versions of winzip, win rar, nero etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom