Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Soldato
Desk has changed a lot recently as well. I've decided to go quite minimalist and just use a laptop. Currently using my work laptop until September then I will likely get a Macbook Pro. Painted the back wall and plan to add a frame in the centre of the wall.

Desperately need an office chair but haven't decided on which one yet.

DSCF8849.jpg

You change setup more than I do pants, and that's daily!

Soldato
Made a more permanent home working arrangement after spending 4 months at the dining room table. Loft conversion now doubles up as man cave and office. Got split aircon in there also so its a nice set-up.
Ubiquitous Ikea Alex. One on the left houses my vinyl collection. Bought an oak worktop from Ebay and still undecided about oiling it.

I3bDHTRr4HzhU7nWF7X9D2fKXXLDZdEm93fCURK06sjXtlXY1g2qTY6IE3ELx-Es9ouHnKceAee1N2io4TvM58brPQ0OOQsL-rKBhc0TQnGGyzxyZJIQHQFN4hF2UuGQL12FGXGicqt_S55_tOJdBSJmr6VJNdgNBp3yWcV7ssHq9a6ER2_WolAXFmtUCDX5w_3aEYyjEcCST16SdnJDKlyMdE_Fn2nCQEWAwslerP75qTr0Tiv2EQ75iHKURMbx5k_QYzqdXmMTSmniKRs_ilYUrKMSzHOBTfyylzZV0-Hs-cEqDwZe3K56QKlIPG8tmbumPajgnrFyTycHg1fzCSErPotgquglJTVU27UHD633-XB0e02SyROgKG1hDwJjoTlxMq_39LI2FLO-vK4qHIJuu-ixWWRxsanYZsIBebHi_xBAyWAfBQBXzrS-SNeBaGfi8-8U7UwG0GQrC4259iQRFdBYBjA86YCiLEQ1_v7kccMHUY577rULv0YWeGrBEHpXrpiFJ2JfVdUZVuohiAsr6tbyj8pAWCWOHrgiZ5Ph3DV0gXrfWItn7RXQ0IAZaBkwRlucs9HoXGPhOE1-bNq7tfVmvc2XEJcmyQAzT6HTpKpjvFcFcJsripIqCrElCduvohWlmWVrsKuxpmA3dW3Yq1A5Sz7TcNv5xWnNMQ6KU9RL4mJXzmG-AMT0Ppw=w800-no-tmp.jpg

Soldato
How much did you guys pay for you 'ikea mock up desk' the storage units and the worktops? I'm looking at doing the same thing, how did you go about adjusting the heights if needed, are they supplied with rubber to stop the top slipping?

Also what thickness were the worktops you went for?

About £230 all in.

No height adjustment unfortunately. No rubber supplied but I just used a couple of non slip mats designed for under rugs.

My setup was....

Alex Drawer Unit: £55
Alex Cupboard: £45
Karlby Worktop: £120
Signum Cable Cage: £10

Soldato
Weird question. What is the average height from floor to bottom of desk for you guys?

Ive just made a terrible mistake and taken too much off the legs as I thought mine was too high. It was 77cm now its 69cm (oo, er, missus). Now everytime I try and cross my legs I bang my knee on the bottom of the desk.

Should I raise it more or just stop trying to cross my legs?

Don
he he it's a tight squeeze in the corner though. :p

Best of a bad situation, my new born daughter got my old office (spare room) as a nursery so I get the 'utility room', better than nothing, but you are right I can't straighten both my arms width wise, not even close :p

Weird question. What is the average height from floor to bottom of desk for you guys?

Ive just made a terrible mistake and taken too much off the legs as I thought mine was too high. It was 77cm now its 69cm (oo, er, missus). Now everytime I try and cross my legs I bang my knee on the bottom of the desk.

Should I raise it more or just stop trying to cross my legs?

Mine is 0.821m, which allows for plenty of metrosexual leg crossing :)

Soldato
Best of a bad situation, my new born daughter got my old office (spare room) as a nursery so I get the 'utility room', better than nothing, but you are right I can't straighten both my arms width wise, not even close :p

Mine is 0.821m, which allows for plenty of metrosexual leg crossing :)
0.821mm? How short are you??? :D

Oh metres not mill. 82 cm is crazy high you must be 7ft tall or something.

Ill be honest I didnt factor in how important the crossing of legs was.

Back
Top Bottom