Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Soldato
Apologies for bumping this thread.
I am looking to get a stand up desk and transform my current layout but struggling with finding a sensible solution for the width I am wanting to go to,

Best to stick req's in here for assistance? Or best to start a new thread, if so, which sub forum is best as I'm struggling to find one related to the topic of big wood.
I bought this for my 2m oak worktop and it's been fantastic for the 14 months I've had it

Soldato
Thank you for this.
I didn't pull the trigger so to say, but will be doing it by end of this month.
I'm looking for one almost same size so that's brill!
Another shout for Flexispot form me. I got the E6 model a while ago and it has been faultless. I got it from them direct (you get a discount for signing up to their email mailing list and they often have sales/reductions) which seem to give better prices. Their after sales has been spot on as well when I wanted some additional rubber mount pads.
For mine I bought a 2M x 720mm Oak worktop online from (https://houseofworktops.co.uk/) which I oiled, etc. Works brilliantly.

Soldato
Rejigged my room the other day so here's my desk right now. It looks really small in the picture but I promise, it's bigger in person :D

hidjZKH.jpg

Soldato
My Friday WFH desk has been migrated from the Office to the Bedroom. The pressure is on to do the Office conversion to a Bathroom now! Although, the space is great and I can take a nap whenever I want to....

DanQikb.jpg

Soldato
Home office today. Still sorting things out as it's the first time in 15 years I've had a corporate managed laptop (M2 15" MacBook Air). A little messy with the wires but the setup works really well. My personal 13" MacBook Air in the sleeve next to the printer.

DSCF1416.jpg
Might be worth grabbing a nice high quality dock like Cable Matters. You can plug all your junk into it and then just have a single USB-C/Thunderbolt. Most come with an inch or two cable but then I use an extension lead so it is all hidden.

N.b. buying the docks is a quagmire - the USB 3.0 ones are often at 30Hz, so you want the USB 2.0 one...

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Might be worth grabbing a nice high quality dock like Cable Matters. You can plug all your junk into it and then just have a single USB-C/Thunderbolt. Most come with an inch or two cable but then I use an extension lead so it is all hidden.

N.b. buying the docks is a quagmire - the USB 3.0 ones are often at 30Hz, so you want the USB 2.0 one...

I have a dongle that is working well at the moment. Only thing is it doesn't have a 3.5mm input for my speakers, but it does everything else.

Man of Honour
Home office today. Still sorting things out as it's the first time in 15 years I've had a corporate managed laptop (M2 15" MacBook Air). A little messy with the wires but the setup works really well. My personal 13" MacBook Air in the sleeve next to the printer.

DSCF1416.jpg

If it wasn't for the colours on screen, I'd think this photo is in black and white

Mirin

Soldato
I have a dongle that is working well at the moment. Only thing is it doesn't have a 3.5mm input for my speakers, but it does everything else.
Does your monitor output 3.5mm? I hadn't realised but my display port seems to transmit audio to monitor then out of speakers.

Soldato
IMG_1593.JPG

Speakers are behind the macbook screens on the left and right... hi fi is on a bookshelf to the right
Personal laptop to the left, work laptops are in the centre and to the right
Dock is behind the center on with a desk fan and lamp

Last edited:
Soldato
work... I have more, just not being used at this moment of time.
personal laptop so I can google stuff, watch youtube ect.

We have mulitple domains and I work in a high risk environment, so everything needs to be engineered and tested within an inch of my life.
both monitors are plugged into my main driver the center laptop, so I can see what I'm doing and monitor mulitple stuff at the same time.. they support Picture in Picture so I can plug another laptop into them and have equalant of 4 monitors, but most of the time I just remote desktop and have the computers as a window on them.

Back
Top Bottom