Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Soldato
Why did you throw the sound proofing tiles at the wall? I am not even OCD but that's ruining me right now.
They are not used for soundproofing, but I get what you mean, I see walls of tiles and have no idea if people know how they work.
Reduce reverberation in the room. I have them across all walls in the room as there are no soft furnishings in here and it was too echoy.
Cover dodgy plaster and holes in the wall, duhh
haha not even!

I like your setup. What monitors is that and do they all have one separate wall mount ? Maybe a picture to show the back of the set up as well, if possible ?
Samsung 27 curved monitors on the ends and a Samsung 34 in the middle. All on a single 3 arm wall mount. No one wants to see behind that mess haha

Soldato
Reduce reverberation in the room. I have them across all walls in the room as there are no soft furnishings in here and it was too echoy.

haha not even!

Samsung 27 curved monitors on the ends and a Samsung 34 in the middle. All on a single 3 arm wall mount. No one wants to see behind that mess haha
Yea, but you covered the entire wall, that's not really how it works, two large areas maybe, put the corner ones INTO the corners, and some on the ceiling if you are blocking out reverb. Buy a rug for the floor. Curtains for window and some on opposing walls. Ya will sound like being in a cement brick other wise, too much on ALL walls just drowns out any dynamic.

Soldato
Yea, but you covered the entire wall, that's not really how it works, two large areas maybe, put the corner ones INTO the corners, and some on the ceiling if you are blocking out reverb. Buy a rug for the floor. Curtains for window and some on opposing walls. Ya will sound like being in a cement brick other wise, too much on ALL walls just drowns out any dynamic.
I have electric shutters, so curtains is pointless. A rug wouldn't work as my chair would get stuck. I know it would help though. I have the panels across all walls. This whole wall isn't covered, technically, it's a strip where you can see. I have them as evenly across all 4 walls as the all allows. I know a couple of ceiling panels would help but testing this and it has made a huge difference for the effort. I get it though, I don't need it perfect, just better :)

Soldato
I'm trying to work, honestly.

IMG20220708101529.jpg

Soldato
@V4NT0M which desk is that please?
Ikea Karlby Worktop, Alex drawers and Lerberg legs (though Ikea don't seem to do the legs anymore). A lot of people go for the worktop + two drawers combo but I liked that the trestle leg, gave me more legroom with a more open look.

I think come the new year I will be redecorating my office and going for a sit/stand desk with the bigger Karlby.

Associate
I've always had to make do with a corner of the dining room or kids bedroom for years (full time WFH). Finally we may be buying a house which has a fourth bedroom that I'll be able to use as a full time study/office for work. I've made custom desks previously using the Ikea Gallant frame and extensions which has served me well and may continue to do so with a refresh. I'm thinking of setting up a good sized desk and then work area down one side of the room for things like 3D printer, working on Pi related things with the kids, or just useful space so they can come and sit in the room and use it's desk space in the evenings and weekend. I appreciate everyone doesn't have an office/study, but I'd love to see what you've done with yours.

Other essentials I'm thinking is a whiteboard (miss this from work), and some book shelves. I'd also like to make it feel homely with some movie art on the wall or similar.

Look forwards to your photos

Don
After welcoming our 4th child three weeks ago, project man cave commenced. We’ve had a boarded out ‘loft’ for the 9.5 years we’ve lived in the house but all we used it for was a dumping ground.

I work from home too and was sick of mine and the wife’s desk area being on the landing so decided to sell off the desks and have a trip to ikea.

The hatch is around 4ft high and accessed from our bedroom so some serious squatting is needed to get in (im 6’3!).

The Desk is a ikea kitchen work top in white and the usual Alex drawers. The bean bags are really comfy and it’s nice chill out area for watching tv, listening to music or reading. I might allow some of the kids to chill out in here when I’m gaming..

The pics make it look cramped but it really isn’t, plenty of space to move around at my desk.

Some tidying still required and some improvements on the lighting but chuffed with it.

vAoul80.jpg

K8O5Me5.jpg

PunsMgC.jpg

2JMrtF9.jpg
fwrOlch.jpg
l32JMdT.jpg

NPVrdUL.jpg
o1t7LbA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom