[PIC_THREAD] Landscapes, Architecture, Seascapes

Associate
They look better Phate. I bought the 6 stop firecrest for now, my plan is to research some grads and buy a firecrest 10 stop. They're not a nice price though :(

Associate
The link from xdcx helped me, I think the format hitech just had the edge so that's the route I went. What grads are you using? The trouble with me is I want everything yesterday :(

Caporegime
In that pic was the Nisi 10 stop and a Lee 2 stop GND Hard. The GND isn't mine and goes back Monday, a colleague of mine loaned me it along with some others. I do have a reverse GND 4 stop filter on order though, from Nisi. The reverse GND made more sense to me to get first, given than 90% of my photography is at sunset right now :p

Never looked properly into the format hitech. It seemed to me most directions pointed toward LEE or Nisi and everyone compared those 2.

What's your next filter purchase? For me once I have the reverse GND I definitely want a normal GND. I might start building a collection of 2 stop, soft, medium & hard. Unfortunately, there is no "one" filter which does it all...thank god my wife just accepts this :D

Caporegime
That is stunning indeed. LE Done right :)

One from Friday.

JLE51130-3.jpg

Caporegime
This reverse ND....oh my....:D

JLE01165-3.jpg

Not 100% happy with the composition on this, a delayed train meant I had literally 1-2 minutes before the light went, so really no time at all! - But I will go back on Friday to the same location where I will have more time and recompose for a better shot.

Here is also a comparison of 2 images, on the left you have just the ND10 Stop, on the right is ND10 stop with Reverse ND filter. No processing, straight out of the camera, incredible difference!

http://jacobellwood.co.uk/public/longexposure/comparison.png

Soldato
Dragged myself out of bed this morning to bike to the nearby woods and catch golden hour.

Sony Alpha 7 + Sony FE 24-240.

Reminded me a) How great the dynamic range on this camera is, and b) how much I love superzooms

DSC09343.jpg

DSC09360.jpg

DSC09392.jpg

DSC09396.jpg

Back
Top Bottom