[PIC_THREAD] People, Portraits, Street

Soldato
Whatever dude, just think your time would be better spent doing something productive like contributing 'actaul' content rather than derailing threads and making passive aggressive insults. If you don't have any pictures to add to the thread, then i think the solution is obvious.. Besides if anything is going to make someone a better photographer, it's practice...

Soldato
Rhys do you use a preset for your b/w curves? I tend to play mine by ear nowadays i.e. do the curve for each image, but yours tend to come out more consistently than mine, so I'm curious.

Soldato
Whatever dude, just think your time would be better spent doing something productive like contributing 'actaul' content rather than derailing threads and making passive aggressive insults. If you don't have any pictures to add to the thread, then i think the solution is obvious.. Besides if anything is going to make someone a better photographer, it's practice...

Seriously fella, you've got a major attitude problem. Show me one thing that was passive aggressive. The ONLY point I made in this thread was that I personally don't like long walls of photos being posted at one time for various reasons, but at the same time other people feel the opposite way, which is the discussion and nothing more, then as usual up you pop taking imagined slights against yourself personally and start insulting people.

Get over yourself and read what's being said, not imagine what you think is being implied. If I have something to say that may be considered an insult I'll say it. I'm not a passive aggressive coward as anyone that knows me will happily attest to!

Ironic that you've taken time out to attack me on this thread for no reason at all and laughingly accuse ME of derailing a thread that I was merely replying to.

And to keep you from whining at nothing because there's no image in this comment, here's a photo I was going to bin:

148A1060 by Niall Allen, on Flickr

Last edited:
Soldato
E|Dude, you should post the recent work from your Flickr, like the Spitting Feathers image!! great work!

Edit: lol beat me to it!!

I wasn't posting it as I wasn't actively taking photos at the time. I was playing with the silent shutter on the 5dmk3 as I hadn't used it. My mate didn't want to pose (can you tell? :D). I was going to bin it as it was taken at chest height so wasn't focused and I had to crop a large chunk off the right and top as the walls were very white.

I only coincidentally uploaded it before to mock my mate on facebook :D

Soldato
Rhys do you use a preset for your b/w curves? I tend to play mine by ear nowadays i.e. do the curve for each image, but yours tend to come out more consistently than mine, so I'm curious.

Yeh every image in a set has the same LR preset applied (only use ps if i need to retouch). The presets have changed subtely between shoots as untill this last wedding i was still making minor tweaks. As i process 100's at a time, i needed a preset that can be applied to any image, otherwise pp would take too long. Also i like a consistent look.

Soldato
A few from a shoot I did last week. Added a few things to the studio. Just trying a few different shots/editing styles, not a paid shoot just had a friend in so I could try a few different things.

1. Decided to cut a hole in the ceiling big enough for our lens to fit through! This was the first attempt at using it for a model shoot.
2L0B9792_zps2054692a.jpg

2. The girl is a dancer and shes had loads of dance shots before so wanted to try something a little darker here. Not really happy with this, we are going to upgrade to some higher speed flashes I think.
2L0B9888_zps096c9a47.jpg

3. Ignore marks on floor, its been painted a couple of times since then, didn't fancy editing it all out for a free shoot!:o
2L0B9595-2_zps53fdddb6.jpg

2L0B9617-2_zps7db3e357.jpg

2L0B9992-2_zpsd25e16f6.jpg

2L0B9996-2_zps6a04a40e.jpg

The overexposed kind of look is what I was after, had a really good response since I put them on Facebook as its a little different from the standard things we do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom