[PIC_THREAD] Wildlife, Animals, Birds, Zoo

Caporegime
That is what the 600mm f/4.0 is for;)

The listing is really good on those. I am struggling with my BIF shots because even on a sunny day with blue sky the sky sky tends to get blown when exposing the dark feathers, or I expose for the sky and get no details in the bird. A CPL helps but I can't afford to loose 2 stops when I am already at f/8 and trying to maintain at least 1/500th .
Shooting at sunrise and sunset with the sun behind you helps a bunch but often that isn't possible.

Soldato
That is what the 600mm f/4.0 is for;)

The listing is really good on those. I am struggling with my BIF shots because even on a sunny day with blue sky the sky sky tends to get blown when exposing the dark feathers, or I expose for the sky and get no details in the bird. A CPL helps but I can't afford to loose 2 stops when I am already at f/8 and trying to maintain at least 1/500th .
Shooting at sunrise and sunset with the sun behind you helps a bunch but often that isn't possible.

Yeah I've used Lightroom to tone down the luminosity of the blue and to boost the saturation of blue alone so I don't have to over saturate the whole pic etc.

Lucky the sun was behind me a little there so it wasn't so bad considering it was 1-2pm on a hot day.

1/500 isn't too hard on a tripod which I normally use but here I was handholding so I wasn't sure how the shots would turn out.

Back
Top Bottom