[PIC_THREAD] Wildlife, Animals, Birds, Zoo

Associate
MonikieParkDuckTakesADive_zpsbd41d062.jpg
Here's a Duck Taking a Dive he did find something but clicked on to what i was doing and made a quick retreat back onto his Island thing where he came from

Soldato
My boy Boris this afternoon. Found out on Tuesday he's got cancer and isn't going to make it :(

Sorry to hear that mate.

Be careful not to let him suffer, some vet's try to get you to keep plying them with painkillers etc. for their gain, when the kindest thing to do would be to put them to sleep.
My mum had this happen to her, they just kept trying to sell her pain killers and steroids and wouldn't say what was wrong even after tests. Apparently she 'pressed' the issue with them and they finally told her he had cancer.

I had to have my labrador (not my golden) put to sleep last year, it was one of the hardest things ever as he died in my arms, but regardless of how sad and upsetting it was, I didn't want him to 'go' alone.

Soldato
OP
Sad times, one of our cats suffered a stroke, then another that left him blind. The amazing thing is that he still found his way around the house to his favourite spots. Very sad to see though, he eventually passed away in his sleep after a short while. 18 years was a good run though!

Soldato
^^ stunning pictures. very nice!

Mine are a little more "passive" (read stuffed) than yours!

Nothing majorly exciting in terms of the subject, Kelvingrove Museum with the kids today but very very impressed with the sensor again in my RX100. All 4 pictures at ISO 2500 or 3200, lighting was poor in the place.

8643883228_fbf5a957d5_c.jpg

8643884766_d6ae7ffe41_c.jpg

3. Thru glass case as well

8642788937_7641beb298_c.jpg

8642784801_0cf13c753e_c.jpg

Associate
Sorry to hear that great colour he is :)

Sorry to hear that mate.

Be careful not to let him suffer, some vet's try to get you to keep plying them with painkillers etc. for their gain, when the kindest thing to do would be to put them to sleep.
My mum had this happen to her, they just kept trying to sell her pain killers and steroids and wouldn't say what was wrong even after tests. Apparently she 'pressed' the issue with them and they finally told her he had cancer.

I had to have my labrador (not my golden) put to sleep last year, it was one of the hardest things ever as he died in my arms, but regardless of how sad and upsetting it was, I didn't want him to 'go' alone.

Sad times, one of our cats suffered a stroke, then another that left him blind. The amazing thing is that he still found his way around the house to his favourite spots. Very sad to see though, he eventually passed away in his sleep after a short while. 18 years was a good run though!

Thank you. It was obvious last night he didn't have any fight left in him, so we took him to the vets this morning and said our goodbyes. We stayed with him as he was put to sleep. Hardest thing I've ever done, we're both in bits and I already miss him terribly.

Boris by saint_david, on Flickr

Last edited:
Soldato
Stumble across this little dude today :) My 70-200mm is my longest lens currently and I wish I'd had something bigger for this! He started off a bit further away and this was the my favourite shot of him (rest of the shots in the set linked below)

All the shots are fairly heavily cropped since he was 25-35m away the whole time but they're not too bad :)

Yep, definitely a HUMAN! by Phal44, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phal44/sets/72157633294192143/

Soldato
Haven't done massive amounts of wildlife before, some of these are quite close crops (all shot with 24-105). Need to invest in something longer really.

Rabbit shoot-1 by King Damager, on Flickr

Rabbit shoot-2 by King Damager, on Flickr

Rabbit shoot-3 by King Damager, on Flickr

Rabbit shoot-5 by King Damager, on Flickr

Rabbit shoot-6 by King Damager, on Flickr

Run Wabbit Run by King Damager, on Flickr

Magpie strut by King Damager, on Flickr

Magpie Landing by King Damager, on Flickr

Magpie in flight by King Damager, on Flickr

Magpie gliding by King Damager, on Flickr

kd

Back