Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Associate
OP
I had an update last night, .65 I believe. I don't think it will impact me as I am not using HDR for gaming. I am awaiting the Youtube HDR update though, I've only seen a few DV and HDR titles but they look stunning.

Caporegime
My 65" B6V arrived today and I am utterly blown away by how good it looks.

Had been reading threads with issues about vignetting etc but this looks incredible.

At first I was panicking as there seemed to be two areas on the screen (before even turning it on) that had blemishes, but I think it was where it had been in a cold warehouse/van as they disappeared soon after I turned the TV on and haven't reappeared.

Input lag on standard 1080p and 4k games was unnoticeable, it was only when I played Forza Horizon 3 in HDR that I noticed it, and even then it wasn't exactly game breaking.

Previously had a Panasonic 55VT50 plasma and then a Panasonic 58AX802b LED but this has the best image quality I've ever seen. The grand tour looked superb and that was just streamed. Can't wait to try a decent UHD Blu-ray.

Associate
OP
This week's Grand Tour looked stunning in 4K HDR, particularly the vegetation on Hammond's car, so vivid and detailed. One annoying thing I have noticed is that my TV doesn't seem to save the Wide Colour gamut setting in HDR and just reverts back to Normal when I close the feed. Is this is a bug in the software or me not using it properly?

Associate
I'm considering getting one of these but I've heard although HD is fantastic, standard SD content can look bad. Can any owners share their experience with standard SD tv content please?

Caporegime
I don't really watch standard definition stuff at all, but have flicked through a few channels.

At 65 inches there's only so much you can do with 704x576 pixel resolution...

The picture looks very very soft and I wouldn't choose to spend much time watching anything at that resolution

Luckily all the Freesat channels I watch have HD.

Back
Top Bottom