Picked up my new car this weekend........955hp V10 Audi RS6! (HP figure updated 08/10/22)

Soldato
OP
Yeap, secondary cats are gone. I gotta pick up all my video/timing gear from Stoke the weekend before. The torque curve is less "vertical" from 2500-3000rpm than my old RS6 and more gentle so instead of one almighty shove you get a constant surge which keeps pushing harder and harder until it levels out at around 5000rpm and slowly dies off. The power also levels out at that rpm roughly so it would need better turbos for more top end power :D

Soldato
Yeap, secondary cats are gone. I gotta pick up all my video/timing gear from Stoke the weekend before. The torque curve is less "vertical" from 2500-3000rpm than my old RS6 and more gentle so instead of one almighty shove you get a constant surge which keeps pushing harder and harder until it levels out at around 5000rpm and slowly dies off. The power also levels out at that rpm roughly so it would need better turbos for more top end power :D

Sounds good, still very drivable then!

Hope we can meet again at an RR day or something, last time we met you had the Mondeo, bit of a jump in power now and you can take a car full of people out at a time to experiance it :p :D

Soldato
OP
I took out a family of 4 comfortably at the last Asda day and they loved it which isn't something many of the cars there could do (a bit squeezed in to most cars) so I'm hoping to do the same again this year.

I'll be doing the next PowerStation RR day as I use them as my "default" Dyno, having used them dozens of times over the years. I reckon it'll show the MRC figures are probably a little high by 20-30hp judging by my old RS6 figures at powerstation.

Man of Honour
**** can't even imagine what that is like with 700+ BHP - drove an A6 once done up similar with in the region of 300 BHP and that was crazy enough.

Soldato
OP
The MRC map is torque limited in 1st so it gets a little bogged down but it's still sub 4 seconds (MRC's own car is 3.1sec on the VBox).

It's also still a "normal" torque converter automatic gearbox rather than a DSG etc which also takes a tadge off but to be fair 0-60 tests in a 2ton+ car isn't the best.

Man of Honour
I make it around 3 - 4 seconds! Not that quick really.

Seems closer to 4, considering the hp, even against the weight, was expecting closer to 3.

The MRC map is torque limited in 1st so it gets a little bogged down but it's still sub 4 seconds (MRC's own car is 3.1sec on the VBox).

It's also still a "normal" torque converter automatic gearbox rather than a DSG etc which also takes a tadge off but to be fair 0-60 tests in a 2ton+ car isn't the best.

Next job is to take it to the track and set up a good dash cam :)

Soldato
OP
skaif - Sadly it needs more than just a remap to make my figures as the Stage 2 requires a few more bits to top of the mapping. Price wise, including the re-map, it works about just under £2k with a gearbox re-map, secondary Cats removed, air filters & labour for those extra bits.

Just a remap gets you high 600's hp and mid 900's NM, still plenty mind.

Man of Honour
skaif - Sadly it needs more than just a remap to make my figures as the Stage 2 requires a few more bits to top of the mapping. Price wise, including the re-map, it works about just under £2k with a gearbox re-map, secondary Cats removed, air filters & labour for those extra bits.

Just a remap gets you high 600's hp and mid 900's NM, still plenty mind.

An extra grand for secondary cat removal plus air filters? Surely other things have been added because that is extortion if not. Curious exactly what has been added. Secondary cat removal and a custom x-pipe only cost me £300 including labour!

Also...more pics needed :)

Soldato
Just for comparison when I had the GTR it had, catless downpipes, catless exhaust, intakes, injectors and a Cobb Accessport with custom tuning on ECU and TCU (transmission), total was a shade under £5k and it went from 530bhp 448lbft to 648bhp 611lbft.

So £2k for what Ian has done is very good in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom