Pico 4 out soon?

thanks for that!
"PICO 4 starts at 429 Euros"
I cant see the pico 4 pro being over 1000 Id say 729 maybe - sounds really good from what I read. pre orders start tomorrow. I hope we find out the price of the pro later on today.
I think FB err meta will have to temper their 1500 suggested asking for their meta quest pro if the pico 4 pro will be 1/2 that (estimate).

No, I doubt Meta will change their price. The Quest Pro is aimed at the business markets, it's not really competing with Pico 4.

Meta quest pro is competing with the pico 4 Pro

But the meta pro will most likely use the newer chipset etc but the pico 4 is using older chipset (same as quest 2) but I'm not sure what the pico 4 pro will use yet

I think
There is no newer chipset as far as I know ... you talking about qualcoms chips? - its the same only running better with better vents etc suggested on both units

Does this have a Display Port? If so might be worth selling my Index and getting this instead for PC VR.

Does this have a Display Port? If so might be worth selling my Index and getting this instead for PC VR.

its the Pico 3 that has DP, so im assuming the pico 4 will have as well, but well see, pre orders up tomorrow, so they should list specs then?

its the Pico 3 that has DP, so im assuming the pico 4 will have as well, but well see, pre orders up tomorrow, so they should list specs then?

It doesn't, there's no port on it. I've read the manual.

That said,

The Pico 4 is an all-in-one VR headset that can be used as a standalone device or paired with a PC. The Pico 4 is incredibly light and comfortable. The device has a 4K+ display. Pico does not require a social media account to use the device. Games and apps can be accessed through the Pico store and the SteamVR store.

LCD display
97 degree horizontal fov

1x USB-C 2.0 cable + adapter <<< If it uses bloody USB compression like the quest2 I'll not be buying it

Last edited:
no idea what my IPD is, i need new specs anyway, and my optician said when you order new glasses we take your IPD Measurements then, so i need to buy 2 new pair of glasses costing about £600 first (either that, or i wear bricks on my face as they would be really thick)

Looks like you have to run the headset in deep snow to keep the XR2 chip cool.
50743172566_9db55b3aba_o_d.gif

no idea what my IPD is, i need new specs anyway, and my optician said when you order new glasses we take your IPD Measurements then, so i need to buy 2 new pair of glasses costing about £600 first (either that, or i wear bricks on my face as they would be really thick)
You can usually ask the Opticians to measure your IPD but its something you pay for, and its often done by the shop staff as opposed to the Optician themselves basically as a way to encourage you to buy from their shop and not take the prescription elsewhere. It's a bit like vets prescriptions...

Back
Top Bottom