Pico 4 out soon?

It doesn't, there's no port on it. I've read the manual.

That said,

The Pico 4 is an all-in-one VR headset that can be used as a standalone device or paired with a PC. The Pico 4 is incredibly light and comfortable. The device has a 4K+ display. Pico does not require a social media account to use the device. Games and apps can be accessed through the Pico store and the SteamVR store.

LCD display
97 degree horizontal fov

1x USB-C 2.0 cable + adapter <<< If it uses bloody USB compression like the quest2 I'll not be buying it
Thanks for those links ..
btw, so we know for sure this can pair with a pc wirelessly right away? - I saw the link for the adapter so thats just for the cabled hook up? - I assume this will be compression since I assume it will use that usb c connection? - seems like the pico 4 will be much lighter and smaller but the specs are deceiving when compared to the quest 2
https://www.meta.com/gb/quest/products/quest-2/tech-specs/
(some info)
(compared)

I notice they didnt list the price for the pro and seems like thats still in the works ... I was hoping to see a price for it so meta would be 'smart (give me it cheaper)' then the 1500 that is suggested.

I doubt i'll be buying it, it's not enough of an upgrade over my quest 2. Idc if it looks sleeker/smaller etc, wearing my Q2 doesn't bother me. The res bump is minimal, yes it will have 0 godrays but apart from that i don't see any real advantage for me. I've read the pico neo 3's wireless pcvr streaming wasn't all that good and this is something i use a lot with my Q2. The Q2 is polished software wise and there are apps for all sorts, the pico will have some catching up to do most probably.

no idea what my IPD is, i need new specs anyway, and my optician said when you order new glasses we take your IPD Measurements then, so i need to buy 2 new pair of glasses costing about £600 first (either that, or i wear bricks on my face as they would be really thick)
Try the GlassesOn app on a smartphone, found it pretty accurate and within 1 of what my Optician measured. Also it is pretty easy to measure using a ruler and a mirror.

You can usually ask the Opticians to measure your IPD but its something you pay for, and its often done by the shop staff as opposed to the Optician themselves basically as a way to encourage you to buy from their shop and not take the prescription elsewhere. It's a bit like vets prescriptions...

i did ask them, they wouldn't tell me (i asked them when i went down to get a new prescription)

i wondered when well see this guy again :D

thanks - was a cool video.

Suggested there is no cabled experience. Wasnt sure how the color pass through would be. Sounds like it is quite light. I like the idea of the meta quest pro more but if they price it out of my market this would be the one I'd want (more then the quest 2). I personally would want a lighter/less cumbersome device.

thanks - was a cool video.

Suggested there is no cabled experience. Wasnt sure how the color pass through would be. Sounds like it is quite light. I like the idea of the meta quest pro more but if they price it out of my market this would be the one I'd want (more then the quest 2). I personally would want a lighter/less cumbersome device.

What headset do you currently have?

What headset do you currently have?
None - Had the quest 2 but sold it - sort of miss it. Id definitely want a headset that has a smaller form factor and that is lighter (this is the main selling point to me). The elite strap for the quest 2 was a must but still it felt 'heavy and awkward'. You?

None - Had the quest 2 but sold it - sort of miss it. Id definitely want a headset that has a smaller form factor and that is lighter (this is the main selling point to me). The elite strap for the quest 2 was a must but still it felt 'heavy and awkward'. You?
Still have my original Rift which comes in handy for video projects, and a Q2 from release day.

Interview - I think I heard him say that they might demo it at westfield mall in london. Funny I have been itching to go there as I have not been there yet. Also the price of the pico 4 pro may be stated on the 27th as this is when the chinese announcement will happen and I think he said they will announce the pro to that segment also (so I assume the price).

This is a great video - a guy testing the unit out has a test version.
Some comments from the video
- color pass through looks really good
- he says you can do cable to pico 4 same way as the quest (maybe someone can watch this and try to understand what he is saying) ... ie quest 2 with usb c or? says the graphics will be compressed unlike the dp cable with the pico 3
- he says the unit is very light and doesnt feel like you have a headset on when wearing it. Compares to the pico 3. Looks much smaller.
- the guy has had 300 hours with the unit so seems to know his stuff.
- no audio jack but he used a usb c to audio jack converter; also said not to use bluetooth because latency
- he did mention there is not much latency when it comes to wireless and did not make a fuss about it he said it is much improved over the pico 3.
- he also seemed to love the ipd software adjustment; said its the best thing since sliced bread in his opinion
- suggesting that having a personized ipd will reduce or get rid of motion sickness ... (I know this is one of the reasons I got rid of my quest 2)

... only 30mins into his stream and need to watch some tv with the wife so check out that vid or the info I just posted.

I did not pick up on the fact Pico are going to release a wireless dongle for £50. Whilst not as good as a cable, and nowhere near as good as a proper DP cable, at least it's something.

Back
Top Bottom