Pillows.....

Soldato
I use my partner's boobs.

I actually can sleep on anything so not really got any serious recommendations other than its personal preference.

I do sleep better on something that's firmer than say a feather/feather like filling so I have a memory foam pillow that has an old towel stuffed inside the pillow case with it otherwise it gets too sweaty.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dunlopillo Latex is the best i've ever owned. Need to get a new as the last one is currently adrift somewhere in the caribbean sea. Most other pillows I've found just turn into a triangular wedge and have to flipped several times a night.

The removable cover of the Dunlopillo keeps it clean, and the holes prevent too much heat build up. I've used mine on 28c nights no problem.

Soldato
The Dunlopillo latex seemed to have increased massively in price, I bought one a couple of years ago for around £55, they are ~£75 now.

I tried to get one for my partner for Xmas, but they seemed discontinued/under a different brand name, but there was virtually no stock anywhere at the time.

Associate
Dunlopillo works for me. Everything else just goes flat or lumpy. It's a little 'bouncy' when you first get it but you soon get used to it. I find it solved some of the back issues I was having with a standard pillow.

I got mine around May last year - stock availability was a bit random. The best I could find at the time was £70.

Associate
I use whatever pillow is available. I've actually found that having no specific pillow each night helps not create an association with one particular pillow being 'just right'. So wherever I go, whatever pillow I get, it generally does the job. When I was about 15 I actually got to the point I didn't use a pillow at all, just used my arm. Made camping somewhat easier not having to carry one!

Associate
I use whatever pillow is available. I've actually found that having no specific pillow each night helps not create an association with one particular pillow being 'just right'. So wherever I go, whatever pillow I get, it generally does the job. When I was about 15 I actually got to the point I didn't use a pillow at all, just used my arm. Made camping somewhat easier not having to carry one!
I have a similar mind set. I grew up having to sleep on a really old tired mattress. Thankfully I never really had any trouble sleeping wherever I went, and I assume that was due to everything being comfier than mine own. Therefore I don't spend much when replacing a mattress or pillow, in case I get used to more premium items. Or maybe its coincidence and I'm just lucky to be able to fall sleep relatively easily.

Soldato
The Dunlopillo latex seemed to have increased massively in price, I bought one a couple of years ago for around £55, they are ~£75 now.

I tried to get one for my partner for Xmas, but they seemed discontinued/under a different brand name, but there was virtually no stock anywhere at the time.

It’s the best pillow I’ve ever owned. The wife one day decided to wash it and came out of the machine wrecked and as you say, you can’t seem to get them any more. I was gutted

Soldato
I had this issue for years. Would suffer with really bad shoulder and neck pain as i could never find one that would sit right, i was either too low or too high. Tried the contour shaped pillows from Ikea and they screwed up my neck even more as it was so hard.

Finally found one last year from Kally sleep called the Essential side sleeper pillow, which gives me the right support i need. Managed to get 2 for £15, though looks like they don't do that one anymore. They have a more expensive one called The ultimate side sleeper

https://www.kallysleep.com/?gclid=C...H0jnB_j3kpgYPRUmFrMhfPPXRmhenxPQaAkCiEALw_wcB

Mine is firm enough to keep its shape but still offers some softness. I fluff it up every morning when I get up and then turn it over ready for the evening :)

Man of Honour
Proper hotel pillows are the best I've found but they have to be decent ones - the cheap "hotel" pillows just compact horridly in the middle after half an hour or so and you constantly have to shake them out.

Back
Top Bottom