Pillows.....

Soldato
I bought a Hungarian Goose down sandwich pillow from Elfenbein, it's been perfect. Feather pillows can be sharp and hard, down alone is too soft and goes flat, this has been perfect. I was so impressed I also bought a down duvet.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/656...ich-pillow?ref=shop_home_active_2&frs=1&crt=1

I had a Tempur cloud before and this beats it, I've also had Dunlopillo and other feather/down pillows. The quality of this is excellent, hand made in Hungary the same way they have always made them.

Soldato
I bought one of them martian dreams shredded memory foam pillows having read this thread.

Well I have never slept so good in my life :)

I love this forum for being able to find out random things like this. Thank you!

Soldato
Proper hotel pillows are the best I've found but they have to be decent ones - the cheap "hotel" pillows just compact horridly in the middle after half an hour or so and you constantly have to shake them out.
I got gifted 2 Marriott pillows last year for my "Christmas" present (clocking up 409 nights with them over not very long!). I'm not sure if they cheaped out and gave me "non Marriott" pillows but they didn't last half as long as you'd expect.

Have thrown away in the last week or so, in favour of giving the Martian dreams a go: John Lewis Hungarian Down (£50/ea), IKEA (~£25 to ~£40 each) and the Marriott pillows.

I have book marked the Dunlopillo for when the Martian's inevitably fail... bonkers that Martian give 5 year warranty lol.

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato
I got gifted 2 Marriott pillows last year for my "Christmas" present (clocking up 409 nights with them over not very long!). I'm not sure if they cheaped out and gave me "non Marriott" pillows but they didn't last half as long as you'd expect.

Have thrown away in the last week or so, in favour of giving the Martian dreams a go: John Lewis Hungarian Down (£50/ea), IKEA (~£25 to ~£40 each) and the Marriott pillows.

I have book marked the Dunlopillo for when the Martian's inevitably fail... bonkers that Martian give 5 year warranty lol.
Partial necro but the Martians are being returned for a refund. Last 2 months before they become lumps of plastic.

Soldato
Got rid of my down ones, sometimes got stabbed in the face. Now got Simba hybrid pillow which has meant I only need one pillow not two.

Soldato
Elder Down Pillows have been great for me.

Google takes me to "eiderdown" pillows and they make a 3090 seem cheap at today's rates.

Back to thread - we've had these for 3 years:https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AKG8...abc_8EYWKNNWWYH86NBS8DTF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They're better than what we had before. I'm a side sleeper and have the larger lump under my neck. If I turn on my back and plan on staying there for a bit I need to rotate my pillow.

It's not ideal but £30 a pillow over 3 years isn't a bad investment for better sleep. This thread is helpful for me as I'm prepared to make more of an investment.

Soldato
I don’t like any of my pillows have not found one yet that I’m set on, either too flat or too plump. Memory foam ones a bit squidgy and hot but currently using.

I sleep on my arm which is under pillow, need to probably try one of them pillows with like a tunnel in them but they all look a bit naff.

Caporegime
Disappointed no one has mentioned an anime waifu pillow:

tTUmPfS.png

Look how happy these red-pilled sigma males are with theirs - there are some real women sat on the grass nearby but they're not interested at all as they have their waifu pillow.

NOkJlHc.jpg

Soldato
I've been having a difficult time with pillows. The only decent ones seem to be Dunlopilo latex. Ever other pillow I try just end up like a door wedge shape, so I wake up with the part under my neck flatter and it ramping up.

A lot of pillows are really poorly designed. Pillows need a side wall to stop them rolling, which also contributes to that door wedge shape. Others are just poorly filled and filling at the top where your head isn't in contact stays puffed up and plush, whilst the part where your head and neck are sinks, again creating a wedge shape.

I'm constantly having to flip pillows over to get the most support under my neck.

Soldato
I've been having a difficult time with pillows. The only decent ones seem to be Dunlopilo latex. Ever other pillow I try just end up like a door wedge shape, so I wake up with the part under my neck flatter and it ramping up.

A lot of pillows are really poorly designed. Pillows need a side wall to stop them rolling, which also contributes to that door wedge shape. Others are just poorly filled and filling at the top where your head isn't in contact stays puffed up and plush, whilst the part where your head and neck are sinks, again creating a wedge shape.

I'm constantly having to flip pillows over to get the most support under my neck.
Did you try the Tempur Cloud?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I bought 2 of the Tempur clouds based on this thread for almost 200 quid. Not a fan at all.

What didn't you like? me and my wife have had ours for 6-8 years and love them, but I get that it can be a little subjective. I assume you tried the different pillows from Tempur and returned them in the end using the 30 night trial?

Back
Top Bottom