Pillows.....

Soldato
What didn't you like? me and my wife have had ours for 6-8 years and love them, but I get that it can be a little subjective. I assume you tried the different pillows from Tempur and returned them in the end using the 30 night trial?
I don't think I spent too much time assessing options - I ended up with the Tempur Comfort Cloud Pillow. I think in part I was a bit disappointed based on the hype in this thread and mismanaged my expectations :p

I mean it is "fine" but it is no better than the Simba pillows I had before I don't think. I expect it'll outlast the IKEA, Marriott, and Hungarian down ones that I've been compelled to replace after 6-9 months in the past.

Permabanned
I bought the wife a Tempur Cloud and she loves hers, weighs a ton would be deadly in a pillow fight.

I like having two thinner pillows, so use the Emma ones that came with the mattress, they are basically 3 bits of foam you can remove pieces from to make them thinner. I removed 1 bit of foam from each and they are perfect for me.

Soldato
Did you try the Tempur Cloud?

Only In store John Lewis it was at the time. It's memory foam though or similar, and when it gets warm it just ends up forming that wedge shape I'm talking about. It just takes a bit longer.

Latex pillows tend to work the best for me, but even then I need a flat pillow underneath to raise my main pillow up enough to provide the support I want.

My last one was Dunlopilo, bought about 7 years ago. When I tried their latest ones though they were very soft even the firm ones.

Soldato
Only In store John Lewis it was at the time. It's memory foam though or similar, and when it gets warm it just ends up forming that wedge shape I'm talking about. It just takes a bit longer.

Latex pillows tend to work the best for me, but even then I need a flat pillow underneath to raise my main pillow up enough to provide the support I want.

My last one was Dunlopilo, bought about 7 years ago. When I tried their latest ones though they were very soft even the firm ones.
OK I don't think we are too dissimilar then. Ping me when you find nirvana :p

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
One thing I've started doing as a side sleeper is a nice plump pillow that I hug into my body that stops my body rolling forward and gives my other arm a shelf to rest on. Way better for my shoulders.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Waifu or regular?

Regular :D

This is how I sleep (well not fully dressed, I'm not a weirdo)

can-a-body-pillow-relieve-stress_800x400.jpg

Associate
I have a latex dunlopillo from about 15 years ago, it’s been superb but it’s started to break up. I’d jump at another one but various forums all say the same, the new ones are nowhere near as good.

15 years ago we also spent a fortune on a Tempur bed, we kept trying to give it time but after 6 months we gave up, it went into the spare room. Both my wife and myself find memory foam too hard and too hot so I’m dubious about going the memory foam route.

Feathers and Down are out the question, my wife is very against the way the down is collected

Soldato
I bought a Tempur Comfort recently and it was like lying on a rock. Honestly don't know how anyone could sleep on that!

Had to kick up a right fuss to return it as well. Need to get to a shop to try some before ordering online again.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I bought a Tempur Comfort recently and it was like lying on a rock. Honestly don't know how anyone could sleep on that!

Had to kick up a right fuss to return it as well. Need to get to a shop to try some before ordering online again.
The cloud is the soft. Comfort is medium.

Associate
Had some John Lewis pillows that were great but never made a note of what model they were! Recently had a bit of a job with them finding a decent replacement. 'Normal' synthetic foam 1x firm and 1x medium. After enjoying the firm for about 2 weeks until it went flat and hard, then switched to medium that's gone flat and slightly less hard I'm making it work like old pillow with hand underneath in side sleep mode. 3/5 stars :) Yeah pillows soak up all the drool. So 15 years of that..

If/when I do fine a 5 star pillow I'll buy a life times worth coz cba to wake up to neck ache tbh.

Soldato
Have been using a couple of the OTTY cool pillows for the past year and find them very comfy for us both. Quite firm but suits our side sleeping, can't be doing with soft pillows.

Associate
I have OTTY memory foam pillows. For me I feel they’re a little hard on my head. Maybe I’m just not into memory foam. They are great though. I definitely could do with softer pillows

Caporegime
No idea about pillows but I'd avoid anything by M&S. Bought a pillow from them in 2018 and there's barely any filling in the middle now. Won't fluff up, just folds in half and gave me chronic neck pain. Went back to a pillow from about 25 years ago.

Soldato
Seems there are two distinct categories of folk:

1. Those who absolutely cannot find a pillow that works for them and end up spending a fortune every 6/12/18 months on the latest and greatest

2. Those who find nirvana in their early years and hold onto them for a decade or more.

Associate
Seems there are two distinct categories of folk:

1. Those who absolutely cannot find a pillow that works for them and end up spending a fortune every 6/12/18 months on the latest and greatest

2. Those who find nirvana in their early years and hold onto them for a decade or more.

Category 1.
Supermarket contour Pillow £20
Supermarket other pillow £20
Hollowfibre pillow £20
Feels like down Dorma pillow £20
Dunlopillow Latex pillow £50
Hungarian down pillow £75!
Wool/Polyester pillow £20

I agree with the assessment about Latex pillows on this thread, they are special. Keep it's shape, stays cool, but ITS NOT SO GOOD TO PUT YOUR HEAD ON, better as kind of body pillow. Wool/polyester pillow also doesn't feel good to put your head on.
Hollowfibre pillow like goes crap after a month.
Hungarian down pillow, actually are great pillows but they don't feel full enough and I maybe got too soft a one.

In short, pillows are a pain in the ass. But don't buy one from a supermarket, don't buy one from a discount store, Dunelm really aren't special.
I probably am dubious at shredded memory foam, and bamboo sounds like another fad.

I actually looked at Buckwheat pillows as well at this hippy store, wouldn't recommend either unless desperate.

Back
Top Bottom