Pillows.....

99.9% of lower back problems can be solved by glute, ham and calf stretching. Most people don't realise the impact of you leg muscles on the rest of your body, super important to stretch especially if you sit down for work.

Pillows will help release your spine but wont solve issues in the lower back.

Oh interesting, I'll have to check that out. Every few months I seem to wake up with really bad calf cramp actually (literally the worst pain on earth!) so maybe it's related. No medical threads I know but it kind of feels like the bottom of my spine needs popping to reset something. I should go get it looked at.

I'm tossing and turning a lot and waking up a lot as I can't get comfy with my existing pillows which I don't think helps.

99.9% of lower back problems can be solved by glute, ham and calf stretching. Most people don't realise the impact of you leg muscles on the rest of your body, super important to stretch especially if you sit down for work.

Pillows will help release your spine but wont solve issues in the lower back.
I would go further and long term help with back problem can be solved with body weight exercises and holds for Glutes and Hams, also working on hip mobility, most can be done in a small space with no need for equipment.

I have John Lewis hungarian down pillows, were about 70 quid, and I cant fault them - as long as you fluff them every night before bed that is!
I was in there yesterday and grabbed some JL Hungarian goose down pillows "firm" 90 quid each.
slept like a baby.

Pillows for all budgets in stock though, they start at about a tenner
need to go back for a duvet and duvet set at some point.

Last edited:
Best pillow i've ever had, nice and firm, with a gel layer, and stays firm too.

Lol - so yesterday I went to Dunelm and bought 2 pillows for £32. Well, I took the kid to the car and left my wife at the till so they actually cost me £0.

Anyway, stripping the bed (it isn't my job), I found:
1. Simba pillow (£130 for two 2018)
2. JL Hungarian Down (£180 for two ~2019).

Anyways pillows just get crappy. Still slept pretty rough.

I'll do some research on that, thanks!
Look into Isometric exercises, working with a coach he has fixed pretty much ALL of my longer and short term issues, really eye opening and stronger overall because of it, and barley much if any weights where involved until progressing.

Reactions: Pho
Back
Top Bottom