plan for collapse of Thames Water

This is an aspect that that a needs a serious blunt approach. Investors need to know loss; irrespective whether its pensions funds or not. It would seem to me a necessary penalty, a demonstration for all involved in this sector and others in the public sphere that if you bleed a company to collapse, everyone loses. As I think I posted several months back, yes the regulator needs to regulate but companies also need to act in good faith and within the legal framework of whatever licensing and operating conditions they sign-up too (how difficult can it really be to change these whether in situ or upon renewal).

I get it, I really do. I understand and know in part some of the history, which is why the continual seemingly "do nothing to fix" approach frustrates me.
Companies like MacQuarrie should be disbarred from M+A activities in the UK for 10 years or something. A slightly more robust approach to Governance of essential national infrastructure is required.

Companies like MacQuarrie should be disbarred from M+A activities in the UK for 10 years or something. A slightly more robust approach to Governance of essential national infrastructure is required.
Totally agree but the legal framework also needs to be in place to prevent such deleterious actions in the first place. It continues to be the wild west out there when it comes to such corporate behaviours and I've yet to see any reaction from any place to stop it. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Pointless as they'll just rebrand as something else, the people are the problem and they're entire lack of consequence.

Sanction them like the oligarchs they are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom