Plane Spotters / Flight Radar Thread

Just been stuck in a meeting, glanced out the window and saw an A400M doing low pass runs over Staverton airfleld

58kOnRZ.jpg

It looks massive compared to the relatively small stuff we normally have..

Just been stuck in a meeting, glanced out the window and saw an A400M doing low pass runs over Staverton airfleld

58kOnRZ.jpg

It looks massive compared to the relatively small stuff we normally have..

The Aviator is my favourite place to go for a pub lunch - even better that it’s a 5 minute drive from me!

Interesting one right now with an Unknown flying into the UK from Cyprus (ish) with an Italian Leonardo T-346 Master that's flown in from Northern Italy buzzing around Bath and a Lockheed C130H Hercules of the Saudi Arabia - Air Force flown out from North UK to follow Unknowns path.

Unknown has dropped from 39,000ft over the channel to 9,800 as it approaches Bath.

nJIuENM.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting one right now with an Unknown flying into the UK from Cyprus (ish) with an Italian Leonardo T-346 Master that's flown in from Northern Italy buzzing around Bath and a Lockheed C130H Hercules of the Saudi Arabia - Air Force flown out from North UK to follow Unknowns path.

Unknown has dropped from 39,000ft over the channel to 9,800 as it approaches Bath.

nJIuENM.jpg

Pretty cool video of a B-2 - you don't often get in flight view of them:

Cool. Although doesn't look very stable while flying. Unless it's because they were going slow.

Was looking at fairford on my OS maps app and there were 3 of them parked up.

Cool. Although doesn't look very stable while flying. Unless it's because they were going slow.

Was looking at fairford on my OS maps app and there were 3 of them parked up.

Slow, low level without any vertical stabilisers, in an aircraft designed in the 80’s…

Probably wrong thread.

I live under a regular flight path for Leeds/Bradford so frequently see planes flying over.

However over the last few weeks there has been a LOT of low flying helos, Sikorsky S-92A, marked up in Coastguard colours and flying out of Northumberland Airport, flying over the Pennines towards Manchester airport.

When I track these flights on FR24 they have no data other than the craft type, no tail reg etc, and the track stops with a "No flight data" message appearing on the website when the craft reaches Hayfield, about 18km east of MCR AP.

These flights don't fly above 1800ft (barometric) for the entire flight.

Peaked my curiosity, what do you guys think it could be?

Last edited:
A Typhoon or some such flew over Newcastle's City centre/west end earlier around 10am.
Don't see anything on flight radar.

I barely saw it but sounded like a Typhoon to me, seen them at airshows before.

Quick google suggests similar happened last year and that was a single plane on a routine low flying exercise from RAF Coningsby

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom