Plane Spotters / Flight Radar Thread

Not sure if i have posted this before, but incase of interest, heres my live feed from Blackpool airport - flightaware feeder directly next to the camera outside and powered by starlink :)

Relatively short runway, night time approach in poor visibility. Non precision approach (possibly). It's not hard to get it wrong.

Just remembered they do this:

PRObWdw.png

Surprised there are still quite a lot of flights going on today over the UK.
Things pick up back to normal again tomorrow and the long haul fleets in particular all need to be in position to continue the schedule. There’s also the rest of the world that doesn’t celebrate Xmas who overfly. Today is the quietest of the year for air traffic but it’ll bounce back again tomorrow.

Weirdly visually looks like one of the busiest days at a glance on FR24 I've seen in awhile, though the stats say a roughly 30% reduction compared to the 22nd and approx. 58% drop compared to the busiest point in 2023.

Anybody listen to AirBand?
Occasionally.

Weirdly visually looks like one of the busiest days at a glance on FR24 I've seen in awhile, though the stats say a roughly 30% reduction compared to the 22nd and approx. 58% drop compared to the busiest point in 2023.
There’s always a big dip in traffic on Christmas Day.

My receiver stats demonstrate this perfectly.

1Th8rRk.jpg

Anyone else get treated to a fly over from a North American P-51D Mustang today.

Sounded amazing and caught me out to start with as it is usually Spitfires that fly overhead, but the sound was not right.

sW5uMzR.jpg

Anyone else get treated to a fly over from a North American P-51D Mustang today.

Sounded amazing and caught me out to start with as it is usually Spitfires that fly overhead, but the sound was not right.

sW5uMzR.jpg
Love the sound of a Mustang.

Back
Top Bottom