PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
Do you run the game full screen windowed? I did I changed that to just full screen and was able to play a load of squad games in fpp without any issues whereas previously I felt really wierd after a single game.
I know that question was aimed at puppet but I've tried both and neither made any difference. I'm only guessing it's the view height though as that's really the only major difference in the 2 modes (apart from the obvious!) all settings are the same and as I say I've played games with much worse head bob so ruling that out

Associate
Lagging really bad this morning for me, had to come off for a bit as it's ruined shooting etc. At one point I was behind a large rock, didn't touch the keyboard and it lagged me about 5 metres to the left back in the open. Might also explain how I got shot today when I was behind a building, maybe the shooter saw me in the open.

Shame really as servers have been really good lately.

Soldato
Does anyone know if you can force the game into a custom res ?

I game on a Dell 3008 which is 2560 x 1600 native and I usually game in a windowed mode 1920 x 1200 which is the same aspect ratio of 16:10. In game all my resolution settings are based around this aspect ratio but I would like to run it in 2520 x 1080 which is 21:9

Any ideas?

Soldato
At a guess this game uses about 40% of my cpu power and 60% of the gpu. Is there a way to up this? I've done all the tweaks I can find yet I still get frame drops in city areas.

Soldato
I've struggled to get this game too run smoothly also.

Admittedly my pc is getting on a bit more but should run the game at decent FPS on mid to low settings.
I've a FX 8350 over clocked, 7950 and 16gb of ram and currently every thing is on Very low in the settings and it's still jerky. Tried a few things to fix it but nothings worked so far, even moved the game over to my ssd.

Seems having chrome open in the back ground worsens performance.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
At a guess this game uses about 40% of my cpu power and 60% of the gpu. Is there a way to up this? I've done all the tweaks I can find yet I still get frame drops in city areas.

Aside for playing about with your graphics settings and not having everything on low (this will load up CPU more than the GPU and cause a possible bottleneck) you could try the Threaded optimisation tweak. That gave me the biggest boost in FPS.

nvidia control panel > manage 3d settings > program settings > TlsGame > threaded optimization > on

If you cant find TlsGame in the dropdown menu you can add it manually by clicking add and locating the game .exe in \common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64

This brought my fps from 30-40 to 80-110 (Medium settings)

Gtx 780 i7 4970k

Dno if this is posted before, cba 2 go trough 45 billion pages
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/6bi4ek/quick_fps_fix_for_nvidia_users/

Soldato
Aside for playing about with your graphics settings and not having everything on low (this will load up CPU more than the GPU and cause a possible bottleneck) you could try the Threaded optimisation tweak. That gave me the biggest boost in FPS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/6bi4ek/quick_fps_fix_for_nvidia_users/
Yeah I used that and other settings on those performance threads and it's a massive increase in fps but there's still drops, I'm playing in 900p now to minimise them with AA on medium and one or two others on low, everything else very low. Whenever I look at cpu or gpu use though it's nowhere near pinned. Fire up Witcher 3 and gpu use shoots up to 105%

Soldato
I've struggled to get this game too run smoothly also.

Admittedly my pc is getting on a bit more but should run the game at decent FPS on mid to low settings.
I've a FX 8350 over clocked, 7950 and 16gb of ram and currently every thing is on Very low in the settings and it's still jerky. Tried a few things to fix it but nothings worked so far, even moved the game over to my ssd.

Seems having chrome open in the back ground worsens performance.

I'm not too far off what you have 3930k and 7970 basically anything using hardware acceleration will affect you. Close browsers/turn off hardware acceleration in Discord/Turn off full screen compatibility(right click exe, properties, compatibility)/turn off any extra monitors you have (not sure if this one is placebo).

Soldato
I'm not too far off what you have 3930k and 7970 basically anything using hardware acceleration will affect you. Close browsers/turn off hardware acceleration in Discord/Turn off full screen compatibility(right click exe, properties, compatibility)/turn off any extra monitors you have (not sure if this one is placebo).
I have a 6700k and 1080 and was having terrible performance last night (Mix of medium and low settings as i prefer resolution and fps over details in this game). I closed chrome (only 2 tabs open, FB and youtube) and it was instantly better.

Caporegime
been having decent kills most games today but not winning the game.ump and silencer doing well.then last game won in squad but low kills.still chicken dinner so take it

Associate
Upgraded from a 2008 i7 920 to a 1600X yesterday. My GPU usage has gone through the roof and the game is crazy smooth now in comparison. Food for thought for anyone on older CPU architecture...

Back
Top Bottom