PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Caporegime
I always play solo so im not too bothered about the mic aspect of it.

then why buy a headset? you could have bought headphones. you know the things designed specifically for audio reproduction only. you could have got yourself HD 559's, DT770's, creative live aurvana 2's, fidelio x2's, etc.

They would have been far superior in sound quality as well as comfort. They also wouldn't have came with a poor quality mic you never intend on using.

Soldato
One thing I CANNOT STAND about this game is all the **** players who stay far in the blue end game just to get back shots in on people only for them to die from the circle. As if getting one more kill is more important than trying to win the game.

It's not intentional! They got screwed over by RNG and are no way going to make the white.

This must have happened to you at least once, even with the best prediction play.

So what do you do when this happens? Just die? Or take some last moment pot shots at the ******* in the white?

Associate
then why buy a headset? you could have bought headphones. you know the things designed specifically for audio reproduction only. you could have got yourself HD 559's, DT770's, creative live aurvana 2's, fidelio x2's, etc.

They would have been far superior in sound quality as well as comfort. They also wouldn't have came with a poor quality mic you never intend on using.

Ah well , its done lol

Soldato
It's not intentional! They got screwed over by RNG and are no way going to make the white.

This must have happened to you at least once, even with the best prediction play.

So what do you do when this happens? Just die? Or take some last moment pot shots at the ******* in the white?
Absoloutely - it's points based, so you get as many points as you can (if you care!). So it makes zero sense if you're stuck in the blue not to try and take out people whilst you're still alive.

Associate
I'd say it's intentional for a small percentage of people (it's a fairly common tactic to live in the blue until the last couple of circles).

Really if people drop and see the circle is on the other corner of the map then they should be cutting down their looting time to make the move... accidents do happen and people forget to check the map but most players should have enough sense to check the map and plan to move at least a minute before the circle begins to move.
...maybe a bit more than a minute if your running from Zharki to Mylta Power, looting until around 2 minutes before the circle starts to move is just about pushing it and you'll take some damage from the blue but that run shouldn't kill you.

If you're unfortunate enough to not find any healing items then getting caught in the blue is a bit more of a pain and I'd agree at that point it makes sense to just throw your hands up and irritate anyone that you can see until you drop.

Soldato
Meh first and second blue is just a hint to start moving. Until the last couple of circles you should always assume someone is coming behind you.

Soldato
I would love to be able to use my home cinema speaker setup for game audio, but headset just for mic and chat audio(like on xbox one), tried everything and cant get it to work, would like this also in all my other games like squad/arma etc.

Caporegime
I would love to be able to use my home cinema speaker setup for game audio, but headset just for mic and chat audio(like on xbox one), tried everything and cant get it to work, would like this also in all my other games like squad/arma etc.

why?

why not just have all audio come through the surround system? and use a USB mic like a blue yeti, etc.

Soldato
Don't really do it myself, but I see no problem whatsoever with hanging in the blue zone. Perfectly viable tactic. If you don't want to get caught out by them, check behind you more often :p

Ditto, its all part of the game, frankly.

I also see no problem in people just out to make mischief in the bluezone (i.e. players purely out to wreck somebodies squad game early on, hell, I go try and kill off one person in a squad - not just leave them knocked, purely for the kick of ruining their game!)....blowing out somebodies car tyres to prevent them getting out of the blue, with no intention of getting out of the bluezone themselves. Its all part of the many tactics that "colour" the game and make no one encounter the same as another, which would be what it would be like if we all played by "the rules".

Last edited:
Associate
Same sound through both.
Curious why anyone would want to do that, any particular reason?
Surely if you have headphones on, the speaker sound is going to be muffled and drowned out by the sound coming from the headphones anyway...

But if you want to do it, a slightly old fashioned but easy way that should be possible on most computers:

Go to Sound in Control Panel and then open the Recording tab, then enable Stereo Mix (if it isn't visible, right click in the white space and make sure both disabled & disconnected devices are showing).
Once Stereo Mix is enabled, go into the properties for it, open the Listen tab and check the box next to "Listen to this device" and under that where it says "Playback through this device" you select the output as whatever device isn't currently outputting the sound.
You may need to turn the levels up on Stereo Mix a little bit, but once you enable that device it should duplicate whatever sound your desktop programs are making to your second output device.

Soldato
why?

why not just have all audio come through the surround system? and use a USB mic like a blue yeti, etc.
Yeh thats how i do it now, but would rather just the player/squad chat audio come from headset that covers one ear, like the xbox one headset, i have tried keeping the xbox one controller plugged into pc, but it dont work.

Back
Top Bottom