PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
I seem to remember reading when this came out they were already working on new maps but can't find anything about it now, did I misremember this?

Would love a jungle/tropics map...something like Tanoa on Arma 3.

Soldato
first person servers are weird - as suspected the fov is all wrong it looks like
Theres no reason this game has to be 3rd person whatsoever.

well there is, because I just played a First Person only game and it needs a lot of work, especially the FOV, things like trying to work out what direction your facing, feeling a bit giantish and problems selecting items for pickup etc. The game came from ARMA roots where the third person view is a playable option and the current game has built its popularity on the third person view. Sure peeking is annoying, but you can always be the person doing the peeking. I always factor it in in engagements and generally try and retreat and flank.

Quite frankly it works very well - as you can see form the sales and the sheer number of people enjoying it. When FP servers become available - and the work is donme to make it more comfortable - I doubt they will be anywhere near as popular as the third person game that is currently played although it will be nice to have the option. Guess time will tell.

Last edited:
Soldato
I believe the reason we have 3rd person view first nailed is because trying to get the H1Z1 crowd to jump on board.

I think it's simpler than that. It's a case of making it as accessible and as "easy" as possible to get into so people stick with it. We all moan about 3rd person peaking, myself included but also abuse it to it's full capability to get an edge on other players.

Associate
Whilst I prefer first person gaming, there's something needs to be added to the game to make it half decent.
The ability to flatten the grass in front of your face.
Had similar in DayZ.
You can be laying there & not see anything to aim at, because some blade of grass is blocking your view.

Soldato
Has OcUK got a channel for this on Discord? If so, anyone fancy playing with a scrub tonight?
Unofficially, yes, check the post at the top of PC Games.

I'm a complete scrub too. Had a couple of games with OcUKers tonight it's good fun! I've only been playing since yesterday, so I'm probably much scrubbier than you!
Steam name ChrisBEANS and I'm lurking in the PUBG Room 1 for now.

Soldato
Bought this today, liking it.

Just finished second - about my 7th game. Used to H1Z1....four of my deaths have been from jumping out of cars while they are moving!!! :(

Once killed right after landing but now getting the hang of it. I find it easy to kill people - easier than H1Z1! Quite hard to find decent weapons sometimes but that's maybe how my playing style has developed - get car, run around the outskirts, kill stragglers, avoid towns.

May try 5 player

Soldato
Unofficially, yes, check the post at the top of PC Games.

I'm a complete scrub too. Had a couple of games with OcUKers tonight it's good fun! I've only been playing since yesterday, so I'm probably much scrubbier than you!
Steam name ChrisBEANS and I'm lurking in the PUBG Room 1 for now.

I bought last night, have done 3 solo games. Top trump!

Soldato
Ha, fair play! XD

Just came 2nd, only had three kills but what an exciting game!!!!

I love this. I do with the cirles contracted slower/less frequently.
I understand the point, but I'd prefer a slightly more leisurely pace.

Overall, fantastic game.

I'd imagine private servers will take the battlegrounds side and make it more open and survival instead.

Back
Top Bottom