PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
This is one I'll never understand. Streamers never seem to run into this issue, all loot is spawned when they land and can quad swipe items to their inventory in less than a second. I have a PC that crushes streamer PC's like Chocotaco yet my game isn't anywhere near as responsive as his at the beginning of matches.
better tools doesn't always = better skills :p

i do agree though, watching a streamer land and loot and i'm always thinking 'that's not how it ******* works for me' .......back in the early days of the game i was convinced the 'high end' streamers were on custom servers or summat given how much more responsive their actions seemed to be and how loot was always there when they landed. i still occasionally think 'shenanigans' are afoot.

Associate
I never can hot drop. Even if I land first people already have loaded weapons by the time my stuff spawns in. At the very beginnings of matches even if something is spawned in, I'll drag the item to inventory and it won't actually move. I've chalked it up to being on cell internet but I know others have problems with the first ~ten seconds after landing too.

Associate
better tools doesn't always = better skills :p

i do agree though, watching a streamer land and loot and i'm always thinking 'that's not how it ******* works for me' .......back in the early days of the game i was convinced the 'high end' streamers were on custom servers or summat given how much more responsive their actions seemed to be and how loot was always there when they landed. i still occasionally think 'shenanigans' are afoot.

Yep. Watching them play its like they have a different game to what I play.

Soldato
I never can hot drop. Even if I land first people already have loaded weapons by the time my stuff spawns in. At the very beginnings of matches even if something is spawned in, I'll drag the item to inventory and it won't actually move. I've chalked it up to being on cell internet but I know others have problems with the first ~ten seconds after landing too.
aye, don't always get it and indeed sometimes it works in my favour. apartments on erangel can be particularly good fun/rage inducing for this. though i blame @Mynight for the stress due to his insistence on dropping here. i actually had a full head of hair until i started playing with him and dropping apartments :(

Caporegime
certain areas and servers make a big difference to loot spawns and how many are there. im sure this will be tweaked again soon. i think the last few patches made the loot spawning slightly slower. or more noticable.

Associate
Quick Join with randoms = Sanhok, hotdrop, insta death. Uuugh.

I actually got 2 wins with random squads last night. First time it's happened for months but it happened. But I don't think they were hot drop games though. More semi hot. Every other game was hot drop to the point I ended up watching tv.

I like the random squad games where you get a couple team mates that try and play it all tactical and are none stop talking then get rekt at the first gunfight. I have to have a little chuckle for some reason. I think pubg is more luck and skill than tactics and I seem to lack both.

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually got 2 wins with random squads last night. First time it's happened for months but it happened. But I don't think they were hot drop games though. More semi hot. Every other game was hot drop to the point I ended up watching tv.

I like the random squad games where you get a couple team mates that try and play it all tactical and are none stop talking then get rekt at the first gunfight. I have to have a little chuckle for some reason. I think pubg is more luck and skill than tactics.

I feel it's just placement. If I get a squad who want to drop on a hot spot i'll usually leave the lobby unless they are communicating. I'm burnt too ofen by non-speaking players all landing at boot camp, getting smashed and then i'm left alone.

So if the squad it prepared to go to a quieter place where we can loot then it increases your chance of winning 10 fold. By the time we start moving 50 people are left alive and then i'll start getting into fights. If I really want the chicken dinner you can hug the zone and avoid everyone right until the end.....but then you've spent 20 minutes looting and not getting any action.......

Associate
Spent most of last night's games trying out weapons that I don't normally pick up and just exploring the maps, decided that I quite like the Mutant.

In one game I had possibly the worst luck I've ever experienced with the circle positioning last night, decided to be one of the first out the plane so dropped near Zharki on Erangel and the game decided to throw the circle over the Military Base island. I think I spent at least 2/3 of the game running/driving...

Associate
I feel it's just placement. If I get a squad who want to drop on a hot spot i'll usually leave the lobby unless they are communicating. I'm burnt too ofen by non-speaking players all landing at boot camp, getting smashed and then i'm left alone.

So if the squad it prepared to go to a quieter place where we can loot then it increases your chance of winning 10 fold. By the time we start moving 50 people are left alive and then i'll start getting into fights. If I really want the chicken dinner you can hug the zone and avoid everyone right until the end.....but then you've spent 20 minutes looting and not getting any action.......

I prefer to drop in compounds near to hot spots get geared and then maybe try and pick someone off leaving boot camp or camp whatever then try and play just inside the edge of the circle. That's how I play solos and that's how we seemed to get the 2 squad wins yesterday.

Noticed a few people in the discord last night. I'd have joined but don't like using comms in the week because all anyone would hear is wife moaning, kids moaning and dogs barking.

Soldato
Spent most of last night's games trying out weapons that I don't normally pick up and just exploring the maps, decided that I quite like the Mutant.

In one game I had possibly the worst luck I've ever experienced with the circle positioning last night, decided to be one of the first out the plane so dropped near Zharki on Erangel and the game decided to throw the circle over the Military Base island. I think I spent at least 2/3 of the game running/driving...
that's a quit to menu situation right there. stuff that for a game of dodge the kar98 while trying to get on to mil island - if the blue hasn't got you already.

Associate
Thats why I play Sanhok - dont have to worry about getting circle screwed. I always look out for the nearest boat when landing as very useful if you get a circle shift to the opposite side of the island.

Had some fun recently messing around with the crossbow and a 3x/4x. Very amusing to take folk out in almost complete silence and then see the bolt sticking out of their corpse. I assume there is no way to adjust zero past 25m?

Caporegime
i still think sanhok is the best map in the game but vikendi is really good when you learn it properly. same as anything put time into learning something new and you may just like it better than something you do 24/7.

sanhok is easier to win on aswell. so i think many may like it for that .far harder to win on maps like miramar or vikendi.

Soldato
I still love Erangel. I could quite happily play that map ad infinitum, its got so much nostalgia associated with it and history of some great online games since it was released, right back to the days when vaulting wasn't a thing and games were won and lost depending upon which side of a wall you might be on!

PUBG is by far the best game I think I have ever played, and I never thought anything would topple my MOHAA days.

Associate
I think Sanhok is probably my least favourite of all the maps.
Vikendi is my favourite map, followed by Erangel.

I'd say Sanhok is may favorite although I have probably played it a bit too much now, followed by Vikendi or Erangel (probably like both about the same) and Miramar last.

Another random squads win just. Although we did have to take a boat trip from Novo all the way to the top of the map and those circles were not in our favor.

Back
Top Bottom