PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Caporegime
done all the challenges except mini and scar. will finish the scar as i do use it now and again mini maybe not. why use a mini when you have kar98 or m24. :p

got done by probably the worst person i come across in pubg (yeah i know if he done me how good am i ? :p)

doing a challenge on miramar right down bottom the circle is the other end of the map. i watched the last people drop shouldnt be anyone here. walk into a light house nothing else around and there is a guy prone in the bottom with a vss on full auto lol. haha it made me angry not gunna lie but i knew instantly hes probably one of those players who never will win or maybe not had many kills. so check his stats kd ratio of 0.1 and no wins ever and a highest killstreak of 2 ! :D

this actually made me feel happy for the guy. probably really made his day and obviously doesnt get many kills.

hoping update for game this week as the cheaters are strong at moment especially on sanhok. boot camp is like robocop vs terminator. :p

we watched a game at end where our squad got done by a team of cheaters. one of them was hipfiring a awm.:D then they got took out by a aimbotter with a ump. only for that team to be done by a aimbotter with a groza. it was like a whos got the best cheat ending :p

new update should calm em down again soon.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I have 135 hours played and a k/d of 0.4 :D (bought when it came out and then didn't play for a long time).

Dropping with randoms in squads has likely not helped. Going to stop being a girl and play solo for now, social play with actual people is awkward due to my living arrangements. Can't say I've seen any cheaters yet though.

Surprised I've not got more towards the gun challenges actually, might work on those. Use the micro and vector a lot but usually swap the Micro for an UMP if I find one.

Associate
I have 135 hours played and a k/d of 0.4 :D (bought when it came out and then didn't play for a long time).

Dropping with randoms in squads has likely not helped. Going to stop being a girl and play solo for now, social play with actual people is awkward due to my living arrangements. Can't say I've seen any cheaters yet though.

Surprised I've not got more towards the gun challenges actually, might work on those. Use the micro and vector a lot but usually swap the Micro for an UMP if I find one.

Are you off yer heed! You swap an Uzi for an UMP?

A mate and I used to play Duos but now play squads (With 2 randoms). Tis a much better/easier way to get higher kill games. We win more in squads than we did in duos. Even on Xbox we found Duos was the hardest of the 3 game selections.

Caporegime
ump is still okay. i probably won close to a 1000 games now with it lol. its not as good as it was but still good. uzi is great close range but the ump will serve you better over distance. i guess it comes down to how you play.

Soldato
I used to be the UMPs biggest fan but since the .45 switch, there is literally no point in picking up that gun any more. You are 100x better off going for an AR or any other SMG than that now.

Slowly switching over to bolt actions rather than DMRs. There are certain situations where I think "damn, a DMR would have been good right then", but most of the time the bolt action has higher damage and is more effective.

Soldato
Patch 4.2 is out which bring Dynamic Weather to Erangel!

https://www.pubg.com/2019/08/14/pc-update-4-2-now-on-the-test-server/

Patch notes:
PC Update 4.2 - Now Live!
The season continues with update 4.2, now available on the live server and a storm is raging on the Battlegrounds.
Welcome back survivors.

The season continues with update 4.2, now available on the live server and a storm is raging on the Battlegrounds. Erangel’s overcast weather can now produce a variety of other weather conditions on the island, from thunderstorms, to fog, to heavy winds, and even hail. While you outrun the storm, you can now plow through several new destructible traffic barricades and pylons. This patch also brings a number of quality of life improvements to gameplay and the user experience, including reduced wind volume on Vikendi.

Speaking of bad weather, you can unlock the Weathered Mustang weapon skins by purchasing the premium Survivor Pass 4: Aftermath and completing missions. The Survivor Pass 4 ends on Oct 15 PDT when the game enters maintenance. Now loot that Care Package and ruin the forecast for anyone on the wrong side of your M249. Read on for more details on Update 4.2:

Gameplay
“Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Vehicle Handling Improvements

• Improved vehicle handling of the Scooter, Snowmobile, Snowbike and Motorcycle with Sidecar, thus improving overall driving stability.
    • Motorcycle with Sidecar off-road driving control and stability has been greatly improved.
Altered Blue Zone Edge Visual Effect

• To improve the gameplay experience, the rolling shimmer effect seen while at the edge of the Blue Zone will no-longer be seen at the center of the screen where the player is aiming.
Improved Visibility of Reticles Against Bright Backgrounds

• Visibility of all sight and scope reticles against bright backgrounds (such as Vikendi snowfields) has been slightly improved.
Throwables Friction Adjustment

• Adjusted the friction force of throwables to make rolling movement more consistent and predictable.
    • Smoke Grenades
      • Friction force has been increased to slow rolling speed and cause them to roll a shorter distance after impacting surfaces.
    • Stun Grenades & Frag Grenades
      • Friction force has been decreased to speed up the rolling speed and increase distance they can travel after impacting surfaces.
Vehicle Engine Toggle

• Vehicle engines can now be turned off/on by pressing ‘Z’.
    • The engine can be turned off while driving, after gaining momentum and can be used for quiet, tactical maneuvers.
    • Once the engine is off, pressing ‘W’ to accelerate or ‘Z’ will start the engine again.
    • Vehicle engines will automatically be turned off if the vehicle stays at a standstill for 8 seconds, or 2 seconds after the driver disembarks.
Sound QoL Improvements

• Added master volume preview
sound1.png

• The master volume can now be previewed while in the menu, to better allow users to set their preferred maximum volume level.
    • This can be founder under Settings – Audio – Sound – Master volume and by clicking on the ‘play’ button.
  • Added Instant Volume Reducer
    • This new feature temporary decreases the volume of games sound effects to facilitate more clear communication with teammates.
    • Use ‘F7’ to reduce game master volume, while maintaining the volume of voice chat.
      • Use ‘F7’ key again to return to the original volume
  • For the more details on PUBG’s sound improvement plans please read Dev Letter – Sound Improvement Plan.

Survivor Pass: AFTERMATH
To help get through the CO-OP missions faster, we’ve enabled “HOT TIME” – a period in which CO-OP mission progress is accelerated for all players.

• “HOT TIME” will be enabled at various points throughout the remainder of Survivor Pass: AFTERMATH to accelerate CO-OP mission progression.
hottime.png

• Each completed mission will add two points instead of the standard one to the CO-OP mission progress meter.
World
“There’s a side to you that I never knew… and the games you’d play, you would always win. But I set fire, to the rain.”

Dynamic Weather added to Erangel

overcast.png

• ‘Overcast’ weather has been added to Erangel.
    • When a match starts with overcast weather on Erangel, the weather will change dynamically over the course of the match between overcast, windy, hail, light rain, heavy rain (rain with lightning and thunder), and fog.
Destructible Objects on Erangel

dsetruct.png

• Additional destructible pylons and barricades have been added to Erangel. They can be destroyed by vehicles, weapons and explosions, but do provide a limited amount of cover until they are destroyed.
    • Some existing objects which were previously indestructible are now destructible, such as the traffic cones in Mylta.
Vikendi Ambient Noise Adjustment

• Volume of Vikendi’s ambient wind noise has been reduced.
Removal of PUBG Esports Signage

• As MET Asia Series and PUBG Nations Cup have now concluded, in-game signage across various maps and the starting plane has been removed.
UI/UX
“A vision of perfect health.”

In-game HUD Improvement

ui2.png

• Helmet and vest health is now better visualized on the UI, along with Backpack capacity.
  • Weapon firing mode is now represented visually by icons, instead of text.
ui3.png

ui4.png

• To reduce unnecessary clutter, certain HUD and UI elements are no-longer displayed when waiting to start a match.
  • Game version number, server identifier and other information is now located beneath the minimap, instead of the HP bar.
Store UI Improvement

• BP purchasable items are now marked with a BP icon in Store to better differentiate BP and cash items.
Performance
  • Made performance improvements to mitigate client hitching/stuttering in certain situations.
Custom Match
  • Added Erangel Visual Update option to Custom Matches
    • Erangel Visual Update will be called “Erangel” and the previous version will be called “Erangel Classic”.
    • All game modes will be playable on both Erangel variants.
  • Team leaderboard UI seen in observer mode has been changed to allow 4 character team tags (previously 3).
Replay
  • The replay system has been updated. Replay files from previous updates are now unavailable for use.
Skins & Items
New skins are available at in-game Store once PC Update 4.2 hits live servers.

• New BP purchasable items
    • Vector & SLR BattleStat skins
    • 2 Madsy Shoes
    • Added new Battlestat skins for S686 and UMP45
  • Twitch Broadcaster Royale Group 9 skins
    • More information will be released via an official announcement for Group 9 of Twitch Broadcaster Royale skins will be released after Update #4.2 arrives on live servers
  • Added Regional Esports Baseball Bat skins in celebration of 2019 Phase 3 of PUBG Esports.
  • Added Rabbit Season Set items, which can be found in the Featured Page of the in-game Store.
NA Matchmaking Changes
[NA Region Specific Changes] We’re making some changes to matchmaking in the NA region to ensure a smooth matchmaking experience. While the “Featured Map” queue has thrived for the most part, some players have experienced difficulty finding matches in the “Random Map” pool, which has also led to some frustration due to lack of map variety.

Read the full details in the NA Matchmaking Changes with Update 4.2 post.

• The “Featured Map” option will be removed, leaving only the “Random Map” option, which will now contain all 4 maps at an equal percentage chance of being chosen.
    • Player choice is important, so we are investigating ways to allow players additional choices where possible, without compromising a smooth matchmaking experience.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where other players would appear to enter the ground temporarily when the network environment is poor.
  • Fixed an issue in which throwables appear to shake or display incorrectly when the network environment is poor.
  • Fixed an issue where throwables would roll a longer than intended distance on slopes.
  • Fixed an issue when walking backwards against the corner of objects, you couldn’t hear your own footsteps, although they were audible by other players.
  • Fixed an issue where the item use sound was not audible when using an Adrenaline Syringe or Med kit with the -KoreanRating launch option.
  • Fixed an issue where First aid kit, Adrenaline Syringe and Energy drink could sometimes not be heard from while in spectator view.
  • Fixed an issue where Aqua Rail’s speed while reversing was almost same as when moving forward.
  • Fixed an issue where constant collision noises could be heard when a vehicle was stationary against an object or terrain.
  • Fixed an issue where vehicles can jitter and start rolling slowly while parked on an angled slope.
  • Fixed an issue where weapon scope zoom was reset after performing specific actions.
  • Fixed an issue where character animations are skewed when using an emote while affected by a Molotov.
  • Fixed an issue where dropping weapons could only be heard by the player dropping the weapon.
  • Fixed an issue where a faintly cross-shaped line was visible when the Holographic Sight reticle is set to max brightness.
  • Fixed an issue where the BRDM-2 can sometimes sink if landing in water from the parachute.
  • Fixed an issue where an active boost gauge would display when the UI was disabled.
  • Fixed an issue where a placed marker’s location would change on the compass in some cases after opening the map and inventory in sequence.
  • Fixed an issue where the Canted Sight binding would reset if set to alt + mouse wheel.
  • Fixed an issue where the incorrect player name would display when spectating a disconnected player.
  • Fixed an issue where raindrops could pass through certain vehicle roofs.
  • Fixed an issue where character head models are not shown in replay or spectator when players enter the motorbike sidecar seat.
  • Fixed an issue where footsteps could in some situations be heard intermittently from dead players.
  • Fixed an issue where the key guide text was shown when spectating after dying in a squad match
  • Fixed an issue where throwables couldn’t be directly picked up and equipped in the item slot when the backpack was full.
  • Fixed an issue where the healing amount while using multiple bandages with the auto-bandage feature was less than if using them individually.
  • Fixed an issue where spark effects and bullet decals do not appear when shooting the cloth top of a soft top UAZ.
  • Fixed an issue where players could cancel the reload animation after performing specific actions while running

Associate
Downloading patch now!

I hope it removes some of the cheaters. I think anti-recoil cheats are getting pretty prevalent. Yesterday had this dude quad-tap me in the chest in like 0.3 second with an SKS at like 200 meters. Literally every bullet was dead on and landed exactly in the same spot, like whatever..

Caporegime
it was cause the game wasnt updated for close to a week. when its updated it calms down again. the problem is many people are hot dropping boot camp a

Associate
Is this miniUzi supposed to be a joke weapon? Freaking everyone is using them now.

I could just see that Blueballs meeting: "Hey guys, the Uzi isn't used very much. So let's give the fastest firing weapon in the game zero recoil and laser accuracy!" Room of Blueball morons erupts into applause.

Soldato
Is this miniUzi supposed to be a joke weapon? Freaking everyone is using them now.

I could just see that Blueballs meeting: "Hey guys, the Uzi isn't used very much. So let's give the fastest firing weapon in the game zero recoil and laser accuracy!" Room of Blueball morons erupts into applause.
Never happy are we :D

Uzi is amazing but you can only put a red dot on it so I don't see everyone using it tbh. In fact I hardly ever see anyone using it at end game

Associate
Snipers should be banned in the final circle, headshot meta is boring etc. Those are my favourite from Vega. :p

Haha not banned, but common the Kar98 is used A LOT end game.

On another note; anyone else finding the game smoother now after the last NVIDIA driver update? Or I wonder if it's because I am now running "Low Latency Mode" on Ultra.

Back
Top Bottom