PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
After playing quite abysmally for a while, I've had a short bounce back in form these last two nights with a kill streak of 3(4th)-3(4th)-3(4th)-3(2nd)-4(2nd)-2(1st) - all squad games with our bunch of 3 (often don't have a 4th so its 25% harder for us most of the time!).

I think it corresponds to playing a bit more positively and moving around a bit more on the maps. Not over-relying on the "safety" of compounds and stretching our legs a bit more as a team. Compounds can be good and bad I find. Sometimes they offer key shelter, but then at other times the restrictions of firing out of narrow windows or loopholes is often quite constraining and you get to a point where it ends up being an all-or-nothing dash out of them when the time comes - which I think is sometimes worse than just being out of a compound already and mobile.

We haven't had a win for so long that finishing on a win tonight felt good.

Taego remains incredibly unforgiving though. If a circle doesn't go your way, sometimes it is completely unrecoverable, even more so if you don't have many vehicles. The winner on Taego feels to me way more dependent upon the favour of the circles at the end - oftentimes there is zero cover. Of all the maps, I feel least confident on Taego for some reason and always go into it with a little trepidation. Not sure why really.

Up until tonight, I've not exactly been finding all those noobs that everybody is going on about after F2P!!! :D I've been finding John McClane, Terminator, Robocop and Rambo on the opposing team.

Last edited:
Soldato
ALEX the PUBG DEV on Twitter: "In-vehicle DBNOs. Just something we’re experimenting with. No target release date yet. Wanted to hear your thoughts first since this could bring a big change to gameplay balance. https://t.co/iv2CkC27wd" / Twitter

Big yes from me; however, I think it ought to be implemented such that if you are leaning out the car window shooting, then if you get knocked you get knocked out the car, as per the current system. But, if you were merely a passive passenger not leaning out the window, then you get knocked but remain in the car to be revived.

Soldato
ALEX the PUBG DEV on Twitter: "In-vehicle DBNOs. Just something we’re experimenting with. No target release date yet. Wanted to hear your thoughts first since this could bring a big change to gameplay balance. https://t.co/iv2CkC27wd" / Twitter

Big yes from me; however, I think it ought to be implemented such that if you are leaning out the car window shooting, then if you get knocked you get knocked out the car, as per the current system. But, if you were merely a passive passenger not leaning out the window, then you get knocked but remain in the car to be revived.

I would agree with your suggestion, so if you are taking the risk leaning out you get punished for it. I've always said they should have an option to duck for cover in the car.

Much less likely to get hit but not impossible and would just feel more realistic.

Soldato
Don't really have much game time with any of these gimmicks as I pretty much play exclusive ranked mode. But if the drone went into your 3rd slot and was rarer I wouldn't mind it so much

Soldato
Taego remains incredibly unforgiving though. If a circle doesn't go your way, sometimes it is completely unrecoverable, even more so if you don't have many vehicles. The winner on Taego feels to me way more dependent upon the favour of the circles at the end - oftentimes there is zero cover. Of all the maps, I feel least confident on Taego for some

I think this is the same for all of the maps, you can get lucky with the zone or not, particularly zone 4+ can make a big difference on which way it goes.

And zone control is important but not always possible depending on circumstances.

As I say "we got ****** by the zone" or similar phrase, you pretty much know you have it twice as hard, it can be a huge decider on whether you win a game or not.

Associate
I started it back up again and it feels a lot less like you are getting killed by cheats now.

I play solo so the EMT kit is useless for me but the drone is bit fun. Doesnt reall help me but it's a cool feature.

I would prefer if they were in the third slot though as you can'y really keep hold of them.

I can see the benefit playing in a team though.

Soldato
Just fired this up for the first time in ages and really enjoying it again. Only playing ranked at the moment and am a poor silver!

Enjoy the bronze and silver levels, me and mates rank down on purpose and start the season off bronze and you can be so reckless and still chicken dinner it. Once you're into platinum it's ruthless getting shot out of cars and every shot seems to go into your head it's a real grind sometimes

Soldato
I would prefer if they were in the third slot though as you can'y really keep hold of them.

It would be way OP in my opinion in a third slot.

Although I don't play solo.

Nice to see Karakin back by the way, I find it a nice change of pace and using the lower tier weapons.

I thought they were going to take out Sanhok though, one day......

Associate
I used the drone to my advantage last night, just stuck it hovering above my head whilst in a warehouse, down to last 5, can see them coming for miles.

Got 3 of them but the circle moved and I had to abadon it, got killed running running into the circle so second but still a good way to use the drone.

Still finding Chicken dinners hard to come by though.

Soldato
Jumped back on this since last Friday with my tarkov regulars, just as a change of scenery. Not able to play ranked yet as we haven't played for a long time, got triple back to back chicken dinners last night, check pubglookup, 80%+ bots...sigh :( At least the kills that mattered were other players though :D

The gunplay is a lot rougher than I remember and graphically it's started to look utterly dated, still fun though.

Back
Top Bottom