Playstation 4 being announced February 20th?

Soldato
OP
Considering 4GB of GDDR5 cost about $86 in 2011 unless the pricing has gone down a lot it's either false or it's not using GDDR5.

Sony aren't going to add almost $90 to the cost of their console at the last minute.

Soldato
OP
they wouldnt be they would be adding half of that cost if that, dont forget they buy in bulk and also they wouldnt be paying for ddr3.

Even if it was $40 extra per console, multiply that by millions of consoles and it's a huge, huge figure, they won't be adding to the cost of the console if they can help it.

Soldato
OP
Japan - December 2013
Worldwide - Q1 2014

Cant see it really happening any other way, though I dont foresee a large gap between Japan and WW release.

ps3ud0 :cool:

There's no way they will miss November in the US, it just won't happen, it's the biggest selling season in the entire year, if they miss November in the US they might as well not bother releasing it that year at all.

Soldato
OP
It doesn't matter where their home region is, Nintendo released the Wii U in both the US and EU before Japan.

They won't miss November in the US, look at the PS3 launch, November 10th in Japan, 17th in the US then not till March in the EU.

The holiday season in America is huge, there's zero chance of it being missed.

Soldato
OP
If Sony first parties can get games that look like this out of a PS3, we have nothing to worry about concerning PS4 considering it will be a lot easier to program for with it having a more normal architecture.

llxbLf0.jpg

BY8gV3i.jpg

d0086Fc.jpg

C1Mmhse.jpg

Soldato
OP
you never know wannabedamned, if its going to play 4k games at all it will need the video memory.

as for the 8 gig its possible especially if the devs have said it needs it.

memory prices are cheap to what they used to be and who knows what deals sony gets buying memory direct from the fabs at bulk prices.

Even if memory is cheap they can't just stick extra chips in it at the last minute, increasing memory at this point would lead to delays.

Soldato
OP
a lot more power than yours? lmao, you do know consoles are usually around the £300-£500 price mark? therefore you cannot really compare it to a pc, you will also have custom made your pc, taking away labour, advertising, transport, and all other associated costs of a console.

consoles are usually custom low to mid range in terms of pc spec, also they never get hardware updates unlike a custom pc build, therefore when the ps3 was released in late 2006, the internals were of a early low - mid level 2006 pc.

Memory 256 MB system and 256 MB video

i think my pc even though it wasn't top of the range in 2006 had more than 256mb of ram, etc, it had 4GB iirc.

I'd love to see any PC built around 2006 pull off the Uncharted or God of War series, it won't.

Yes the PS3 wasn't uber high spec at launch compared to the PC's of the time, but being fixed hardware and being able to be coded to the metal has its advantages.

Back
Top Bottom