Playstation 4 being announced February 20th?

Soldato
Getting pretty excited for this tonight now. Had a slow morning at work but got a mass of work due in anytime now from an external engineer so my afternoon will just disappear trying to get it all done so he can take it all back down south.

I'll be sticking in a pre-order for this as soon as they go up. Can't see any reason not to with the likes of Amazon offering their price promise and being able to cancel at anytime.

I own PS3 and 360 this gen but the PS3 has received probably 95% of the use. 360 has only really been used for Battlefield 3 with mates.
PS Plus is a big reason my PS3 gets more use so I'd be very interested in any information tonight about how they plan to move forward with this service.
I also want to see what exclusives they are working towards because Playstation exclusives are nearly all of interest to me from this gen where as I hate every single one of the Microsoft exclusives.

Deff more interested in the PS4 release than MS next gen but once MS do their announcements i'll be looking out for what they are offering to make me buy that on top of the PS4. My mates are more likely to get Xbox so that's 1 massive draw there so if they offer a few other cool features i'll end up with both.

Associate
The lip seems sensible so its something for your thumb to hold onto - not the nicest to look at but doesnt really matter that much at the end of the day. Not sure theyve gone far enough with the triggers - hard to tell...

ps3ud0 :cool:

To be honest, it looks like a dev/prototype.
I'd assume the final will be a more polished version, well I hope it will be!

Soldato
What are you all expecting (in terms of graphics) from the PS4 and new XBOX?

I honestly cant see how games can look any better from some of today's top sellers (not including the COD franchise).

Caporegime

I honestly cant see how games can look any better from some of today's top sellers (not including the COD franchise).

Watched any of the tech demos? (Unreal 4 for example) Not to mention resolution, AA, Texture quality)

Soldato

1080p 60fps instead of the 720p if lucky 30fps we get now, so more polished, sharper and with better effects for lighting/weather and such.

hopefully the possibility of more players online for games like BF.

Associate
Rumours on Playstation World:

Here are the top features:
Free
- Online free as the current Playstation Network
- Voice chat between all PlayStation certified devices, ie consoles and smartphones

Payment (annual cost of about $ 89)
- Playstation Plus (included with these services previously have) enhanced new proposals, users PS4
- Access to Gaikai for cloud-gaming with the option to play for free to list some of the titles in a month, while others pay
- Share photos and / or videos directly to YouTube
- More space for saved games in the cloud

Source

Associate
Current PC quality on medium-high settings @ 1080p is my guess.

Sounds about right to me.
Look at the improvements from the 360 and PS3 launch to now. I would guess we'll see improvements during the next console's life cycle, but maybe not such a large jump.
I just hope more games come out in 60fps, 1080p would be a bonus.

Soldato
It will 100% have 4K support, even if it's just output. The PS3 does that for gods sake.

ps3 can only do images not video afaik.
4k is a lot to push around on what is modest tech, the consoles at the moment can barely do 1080p in games, and some even struggle on 720p.

I think we should be happy with a solid 1080p gaming experience and see what happens with 4k. maybe they will just have it for bluray stuff.

Back
Top Bottom