Playstation 4 being announced February 20th?

Soldato
OP
they wouldnt be they would be adding half of that cost if that, dont forget they buy in bulk and also they wouldnt be paying for ddr3.

Even if it was $40 extra per console, multiply that by millions of consoles and it's a huge, huge figure, they won't be adding to the cost of the console if they can help it.

Soldato
my mate was talking about the ps4 at lunch and he that is was going to have a 7970 at 1000mhz, a 8 core amd cpu with x86 architecture and that it would destroy most pc's . I lol'd.

Caporegime
Japan - December 2013
Worldwide - Q1 2014

Cant see it really happening any other way, though I dont foresee a large gap between Japan and WW release.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
OP
Japan - December 2013
Worldwide - Q1 2014

Cant see it really happening any other way, though I dont foresee a large gap between Japan and WW release.

There's no way they will miss November in the US, it just won't happen, it's the biggest selling season in the entire year, if they miss November in the US they might as well not bother releasing it that year at all.

Caporegime
There's no way they will miss November in the US, it just won't happen, it's the biggest selling season in the entire year, if they miss November in the US they might as well not bother releasing it that year at all.
Their home region isnt the US, its far more important for them as a Japanese company to have it out in Japan at all costs and then worry about the other regions. Theyve always launched first in Japan, so cant see that changing, US is far likely than EU to see it this year though I guess...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It doesn't matter where their home region is, Nintendo released the Wii U in both the US and EU before Japan.

They won't miss November in the US, look at the PS3 launch, November 10th in Japan, 17th in the US then not till March in the EU.

The holiday season in America is huge, there's zero chance of it being missed.

Caporegime
Yet theyve missed all other holiday seasons for previous PS releases and with the recent Vita launch. I agree with your logic, but the Japanese dont really have the same western fundamentals like us, so I dont see it as black and white as you do.

Associate
It's unified memory, it's not just for the GPU, it's for the entire system.

Does it matter, i doubt they can produce DDR5 with the same stability as DDR3, an error in graphics memory is an ofcoloured pixel, an error in system memory is a crash/bsod.

Also, 8 core bulldozer at 1.6GHz... sounds a bit fishy to me seeing as though bulldozer didnt stack up well against corei5s in gaming, anyone wanna chime in on this one

Caporegime
he said that they believe they have an opportunity to get the jump on microsoft this time versus lagging behind and they are aiming for end of nov early december global launch. It was used at ces to demonstrate final fantasy in 4k but very well hidden.

He also said it'll probably only be 1080p at launch as at ces it was running a future beta firmware for 4k output.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom