Playstation Plus

Soldato
I feel sorry for those who only own a PS3/Vita. Having to shell out £50 on a service just to keep access to the games they acquired without ever getting anything new in return is a real ripoff. Sony really need to make a new tier for the PS3/Vita owners, even just £20 a year to retain access to the games would be worthwhile. If people sign up for the new tier, they should just release all previous PS3/Vita Plus games to those who subscribe.

Associate
Sorry I read 2018. Still they need to up their game. Price incases are not welcomed by anyone if the quality of service hasn't improved.

The games are good this month but compared to other months since the service started? How long do you think they will keep this up for?

Xbox has an backlog of games on BC which you can play currently without an extra cost or can be part of your Live sub. The list seems to be increasing without having to go down the route of the buying HD remasters.

If you look at December 2012 ish (last year of PS3 only) to October 2014 ish (first year of PS4) for PS+, there were some magnificent games in there - you got at least one AAA game every month for PS3. I'd be willing to bet that after they remove the PS3/Vita stuff, it will be at least one AAA game.

As for GWG, it's a great service, but if you had PS+ back in the PS3 days you've already had most of the Xbox BC stuff years ago.

I feel sorry for those who only own a PS3/Vita. Having to shell out £50 on a service just to keep access to the games they acquired without ever getting anything new in return is a real ripoff. Sony really need to make a new tier for the PS3/Vita owners, even just £20 a year to retain access to the games would be worthwhile. If people sign up for the new tier, they should just release all previous PS3/Vita Plus games to those who subscribe.

I would be amazed if there's that many people who only own a PS3/Vita and are paying for PS+ - I would guess most PS3s have been passed to the kids because mum/dad upgraded to a PS4 (so the old games will still work). Or maybe they're used as a bluray player. By the time this comes in next gen will be over 5 years old, surely anyone that actually cares about gaming will have moved on by then?

Caporegime
You can get by without it but like all of these games things get much easier if you learn how to time riposte. Though Bloodborne does try to be a little different in that it encourages and rewards you for being more aggressive. Don't get me wrong, it's still no walk in the park. So many great memories of this game. I got stuck on a few bosses but managed to get to the end which felt amazing.
I get really annoyed if I have to keep replaying the same sections over and over again, I don't have much time to game so irritates me when I make no progress.

Soldato
If you look at December 2012 ish (last year of PS3 only) to October 2014 ish (first year of PS4) for PS+, there were some magnificent games in there - you got at least one AAA game every month for PS3. I'd be willing to bet that after they remove the PS3/Vita stuff, it will be at least one AAA game.

As for GWG, it's a great service, but if you had PS+ back in the PS3 days you've already had most of the Xbox BC stuff years ago.

I would be amazed if there's that many people who only own a PS3/Vita and are paying for PS+ - I would guess most PS3s have been passed to the kids because mum/dad upgraded to a PS4 (so the old games will still work). Or maybe they're used as a bluray player. By the time this comes in next gen will be over 5 years old, surely anyone that actually cares about gaming will have moved on by then?

The Vita has a very strong audience in Japan and still have games being released throughout this year.

Soldato
Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank are the games for March.

Best month ever!

Shame I have both and have played them to death.

Soldato
Why would anyone have ps plus and a ps3? I dont believe you need it for online gaming on that console.

I have PS4, PS3 and a Vita. I play them all although it's 90% PS4. Saying that I've just the other day got the platinum on the Mega drive collection PS3 after finally buying it and got the platinum on Fallout 3 on PS3 last summer after playing it years ago on PC.

I've got a 750gb HDD in the PS3 and have 90-something PS plus games installed.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have PS4, PS3 and a Vita. I play them all although it's 90% PS4. Saying that I've just the other day got the platinum on the Mega drive collection PS3 after finally buying it and got the platinum on Fallout 3 on PS3 last summer after playing it years ago on PC.

I've got a 750gb HDD in the PS3 and have 90-something PS plus games installed.
Sorry, i meant if somebody didnt have a PS4 and only had a PS3.

Associate
The Vita has a very strong audience in Japan and still have games being released throughout this year.

About 6 million Vitas, which is about the same as PS4 sales there. Hard to believe there's no crossover.

I'm sure there is some number of people that pay for ps plus and only have a PS3/Vita, but I really doubt it's a big number.

Soldato
Just had an email they are doing 25% off a years subscription til 23rd of March on the PlayStation store.

Yer - it's been there for just under a week.
Most main retailers - Tesco, Amazon are selling at the same price. However some "wallet funds" via CDKeys and then buying direct I believe works out the best deal.
I think I've got Plus until October 2020 now - must stop adding special offer deals!

Back
Top Bottom