Playstation Plus

Soldato
With the price increase on Extra, I think I'll just let it run out and be done with paid subscriptions. Got it at a good price last year and played most of the worthwhile games. Nothing must-play has been added since then anyways and I end up trying games just because I'm subbed not because I'm particularly interested.

If the price hike brought with it access to first-party titles on release like on GP then absolutely but as it is now I'm hesitant even with the BF deals. December leaks are also disappointing if true.

Had some leftover money on my Microsoft account, grabbed a month of ganepass and enjoying LAD Gaiden and Lies of P at 144fps on PC. Won't happen with PS+ as new releases are a rarity.

Maybe if you're absolutely new to PS and haven't played all the games that can now be had for a few quid physically.

They really need to up the ante if they want to up the prices.

I will likely do the same when mine ends next year, not played enough games on the extra tier, if anything I will just drop to the essential tier, but then most online third party stuff I play on my xbox. Might just not bother, all I will really miss is the cloud save backup.

Last edited:
Soldato
I will likely do the same when mine ends next year, not played enough games on the extra tier, if anything I will just drop to the essential tier, but then most online third party stuff I play on my xbox. Might just not bother, all I will really miss is the cloud save backup.

Not allowing people to backup saves to external drives is taking the ****, really.

Yeah, thought about Essential but I'd only need it to play Tekken 8 online when it comes out and there's no reason to when I can play it on PC and get online and cloud backup for free.

That money is better spent on a month of PC gamepass cheaper than Extra to complete a new game or two and be done with it, or an actual new release on the PS5.

My sub runs out on Dec 2 anyways so I won't be able to grab Essential with BF discount.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not allowing people to backup saves to external drives is taking the ****, really.

Yeah, thought about Essential but I'd only need it to play Tekken 8 online when it comes out and there's no reason to when I can play it on PC and get online and cloud backup for free.

That money is better spent on a month of PC gamepass cheaper than Extra to complete a new game or two and be done with it, or an actual new release on the PS5.

My sub runs out on Dec 2 anyways so I won't be able to grab Essential with BF discount.
It's one of the reasons I always bought ps plus as I'm paranoid about losing saves as in my mind the amount of time it takes to get back to that point costs far more of my time than paying fir a subm what's annoying about the lack of a local backup as I think it was done under the guise of 'to stop saves being modded' but it screams you need to pay for a sub.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just picked up a years premium for 75 quid using CD keys bit of a panic as the BF sales ends tomorrow!!

Tempted to do the same but with extra, only got my ps5 yesterday but bought the disc version expecting to pick games up second hand but the disc drive noise is quite annoying so tempted to just go with digital games

Soldato
Well, I got gifted two PSN cards so I grabbed two more cheap off G2A with a discount code and went for a year of Extra in the end.

Will probably still regret it as the quality of games added is definitely dropping despite the 35% (lul) price hike to maintain the "high quality" lineup while dropping one of the worst months since god knows when but there's still around 10 games I want to play + Bloodborne online and some FGs.

Hope I'll get a chance to play them before they randomly delete them.

Got 390 points for the sub and it was enough to redeem for some wallet funds as well so not a bad deal all in all.

Soldato
It's one of the reasons I always bought ps plus as I'm paranoid about losing saves as in my mind the amount of time it takes to get back to that point costs far more of my time than paying fir a subm what's annoying about the lack of a local backup as I think it was done under the guise of 'to stop saves being modded' but it screams you need to pay for a sub.

If it's just about your saves being safe, you can still use the system backup, just untick everything except saves. It's all saves or nothing, same with restoring, so it's no good if you just want to move a save or two between systems, but if it's just about keeping your saves safe incase the console dies, it's good enough.

I don't pay for plus, so have to do that to keep mine safe.

Last edited:
Soldato
If it's just about your saves being safe, you can still use the system backup, just untick everything except saves. It's all saves or nothing, same with restoring, so it's no good if you just want to move a save or two between systems, but if it's just about keeping your saves safe incase the console dies, it's good enough.

I don't pay for plus, so have to do that to keep mine safe.
But I guess that's a manual process? Out of interest does ps plus only backup saves for the one that's paying, or all profiles on a console? I assume the former rather than the latter.

Soldato
I missed out on the £48 ones too, but it's still cheaper than £59.99
I buy quite a lot on the store so it's cheaper still for me to just get the best % discount ones (benchmark for me is about 16%) and stack them up.

Soldato
Have just seen the Essential-tier games for December, good job Sony, that price hike is definitely being put to good use.

Extra's not even been announced yet but I'm already regretting wasting my gifted PSN cards:p

Soldato
To be fair they are probably running out of top rung games that A. Not been in the service before B. That are not locked up in subscription exclusivity contracts. C. The publisher wants on the service. D. Commercially viable to put on the service.

Soldato
Sable certainly isn't but wouldn't call that a stellar month.

Currently have xbox ultimate as well and them games listed have been on that service already apart from that 2k drive one I think.

Going to drop ps plus when it expires as having both just seems pointless when the same games show up.

Would have liked AC Mirage, but thats a bit early, something like that though would have been cool for over Christmas.

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently have xbox ultimate as well and them games listed have been on that service already apart from that 2k drive one I think.

Going to drop ps plus when it expires as having both just seems pointless when the same games show up.

Would have liked AC Mirage, but thats a bit early, something like that though would have been cool for over Christmas.

Well, Gamepass is just a better service overall. Paid a little and could enjoy Yakuza Gaiden and Lies of P, here I get Powerwash Simulator.
Tried Starfield and Forza as well.

With a 35% hike, I'd expect them to finally put TLoU Part I on there but looking at the recent months I can dream.

They're removing more games than they're adding.

I silently hoped for some real bangers for Christmas as an apology for having the gall to announce a massive price hike to improve quality while dropping Saints Row on us but there's that, I guess:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom