Playstation Plus

Well, Gamepass is just a better service overall. Paid a little and could enjoy Yakuza Gaiden and Lies of P, here I get Powerwash Simulator.
Tried Starfield and Forza as well.

With a 35% hike, I'd expect them to finally put TLoU Part I on there but looking at the recent months I can dream.

They're removing more games than they're adding.

I silently hoped for some real bangers for Christmas as an apology for having the gall to announce a massive price hike to improve quality while dropping Saints Row on us but there's that, I guess:p
Yep, agreed.. I had hoped for some great games be added for xmas (And may be on Extra/Premium) But it does appear as if they have gone the route of "Oh up the price, give a discount for black friday the put utter dross on plus for the month"... Oh well..

I'd be happy if they leant into putting more Indie games i wouldn't normally buy, personally. As i buy all the AAA games; and some of my best experiences have been short Indie games with a heartfelt story.

Last edited:
I'd be happy if they leant into putting more Indie games i wouldn't normally buy, personally. As i buy all the AAA games; and some of my best experiences have been short Indie games with a heartfelt story.

It's not something I'd be opposed to either, stuff like Stray was great (already removed, which sucks). Abzu, Sea of Stars etc. as well. As long as they're quality Indie/AA games.

Bloodstained is also a great game and on Extra. I finished it on PC years ago though.

They should try to get Blasphemous 2 on there IMO.

This month's Sable is decent but I hoped for bigger titles personally.

Last edited:
My PS Plus Extra expires on 11th Feb 24.

I got it when it cost 84 GBP and bought it with cheap cdkeys codes to get the price to 72GBP. I know the price has now gone up to 100GBP.

Beyond hoping for a deal in the Sony PS January sale, is there any other option apart from buying cheap ps cards?

rp2000

You still have to buy games like Spider-Man 2 aswell as PlayStation plus?
Yep.

I would not expect it to be one of the monthly free titles till at least next xmas, at the earliest!

I don;t follow playstation as much as I used to, but iirc correctly Horizon Forbidden West came to plus about 1 year after release. I can't think of any other AAA games that went from full price to being free with plus that quickly! Spider-man 2 is an even bigger release imo so will take longer!

rp2000

Yep.

I would not expect it to be one of the monthly free titles till at least next xmas, at the earliest!

I don;t follow playstation as much as I used to, but iirc correctly Horizon Forbidden West came to plus about 1 year after release. I can't think of any other AAA games that went from full price to being free with plus that quickly! Spider-man 2 is an even bigger release imo so will take longer!

rp2000
Annoyingly its only gamepass that release AAA games at the same time.

I’ve subbed to premium for 12 months for 72.99

As a Casual PC gamer and Really only FPS like Shooters I’m overwhelmed on what to download….I bought the PS5 for some lounge gaming as got a new 77” LG OLED….Downloaded Wreckfest and enjoying that tbh…Also Assetto Corsa Competizione which I’m terrible at… :cry:

Apart from FPS games I’ll play on my PC what’s good to download….if you had to pick first?

cheers

PS Plus Essential games for 2nd Jan have been announced:

Really pleased with that, I played the first A Plague Tale earlier this year and really enjoyed it, and Evil West looks like a great co-op game. Nobody Saves The World isn't really my kind of thing but two out of three is fine by me.

Last edited:
Requiem is solid but not sure how it performs now, it couldn't hold 40fps in balanced mode and the new 60fps mode required a noticeable IQ drop it seems. Will be quite a departure from 120fps on PC but I didn't finish it there so maybe worth a retry on a better screen provided it doesn't run or look like ****.

Evil West I was interested in but didn't want to buy it so a winner for me.

Definitely a better month than December.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom