Playstation Plus

Don
Can anyone advise exactly how the PS+ subscription works?

I've got an active subscription but ive got 2 PS4's (a Pro downstairs for me and a standard one upstairs for the kids) - is there any way to set up accounts for the kids so we can "be online" at the same time or do I need 2 subscriptions for that?

Whichever PS4 is set as the primary one on your psn account will allow all users to play online, whilst still allowing you to still play online on the other console logged into your account.

For all users to play online on either console you will need another plus subscription with the other ps4 set as primary on the account with plus.

Soldato
On a similar vane to above, is it possible for 2 ps4's to be on at the same time with the same profile, without logging one out? I'm guessing not as, but i've got a pro in the living room that i mainly use, then theres a normal ps4 in the kids playroom. Both are setup to use my profile, however the kids one is mainly for blurays/dvds (i've left my profile active just so it does updates, but might change this to stop the problem).

Don
On a similar vane to above, is it possible for 2 ps4's to be on at the same time with the same profile, without logging one out? I'm guessing not as, but i've got a pro in the living room that i mainly use, then theres a normal ps4 in the kids playroom. Both are setup to use my profile, however the kids one is mainly for blurays/dvds (i've left my profile active just so it does updates, but might change this to stop the problem).

As far as I know not - they can't both be logged in, and I'm 99% sure it's only whichever is set to your primary ps4 that will receive updates e.g. when the console is in "rest" mode.

Soldato

Almost identical to my setup - I've set up PSN ID's for both of the kids (although not their own PS+ subscriptions!) on the "primary" PS4 upstairs (albeit with my account on there but not logged in!) and my eldest was logged in to his profile and online (playing Minecraft) while I was playing FIFA downstairs on the Pro!

I actually expected me logging in to boot him offline upstairs but when I shouted up he said he was still online!?!?

Soldato
actually expected me logging in to boot him offline upstairs but when I shouted up he said he was still online!?!?

I believe that'll be because he is using his own PSN account. PS+ is shared amounst all profiles on the primary console I think, so long as the main account holds PS+ subscription. So having your PS4 as secondary, you can just log in as normal as that's the account where PS+ is active. He'll be using the PS+ account for the primary account console but which isn't logged in on his console.

It all gets a little confusing.

Soldato
Anyone able to answer this, I'll be picking up a Pro shortly but keeping my original non pro for man cave, daughter shares on my ps+ currently on her own non pro.

Will i be able to add the pro to the party?

Thanks
Simon

Back
Top Bottom