***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

DBT85, What case would you reccomend for me? I ask as theres so many but i dont want a poor one, I wont be taking it out much but if its at home since i have 3 cats they will knock it off desk at some point lol

That sounds like you are going to want it for padding rather than just stopping keys and stuff touching it in your bag.

Maybe something like this?

OP has been updated. Added some details here and there as well as a new section entitled Essential Youtube Viewing.

Also added links in the FAQ to the Content Manager for PS and Mac as well as the instruction manual.

I'll wait until Sony release a refresh of the Vita. In my experience:

Buy PS2 gen 1 (died). Later bought PS2 slim (still alive).
Buy PS3 gen 1 (died). Later bought a PS3 slim (still alive).

Until the refresh, the Nintendo DS I have will suffice.

IGN are publishing reviews from tomorrow:

Monday Review Releases

3G PlayStation Vita U.S. Review

FIFA Soccer

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

Little Deviants

ModNation Racers: Road Trip

Reality Fighters

Super Stardust Delta

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

WipeOut 2048

Tuesday Review Releases

Army Corps of Hell

Asphalt Injection

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II Extend

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance

Lumines: Electronic Symphony

Michael Jackson: The Experience

Rayman Origins

Touch My Katamari

Wednesday

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

Scattered throughout the week

Escape Plan

Hustle Kings Vita

Plants Vs. Zombies

Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

May cancel my order with GAME and go with the gamestop £270 one. Do you think it will still deliver on release date? I'm going away on the 23rd for a week, wouldnt want it to be late!

Cancelled and went with the 3G one :)
http://www.gamestop.co.uk/core/common/default.aspx?platform=38&genre=597o
My earlier pre-order from game had it at 310 for the wifi vita with 16gb + uncharted. This one is the same but a 3G Vita for only a tenner more! And wipeout for a 5er too! Absolute bargain! Plus I have a £20 PSN voucher from the missus. Winner!!

Last edited:
I pre-ordered from Game... but now re-preordered from Amazon as the bundle was very good - 3g version plus Rayman and 8gb card for £282. Will have one at launch either way. Also order Uncharted from Amazon.

Also got F1 2011 and Ridge Racer from Zavvi for £40 in total, nice deal there I think, especially as RR now has the first DLC bundle for free.

Some wallpaper/theme sites have popped up containing a load of different options and more are getting added.

Remember you can have different backgrounds on each page, and your lock screen is also customizable.

A video of how to changes backgrounds/lockscreens and move icons

http://vita-wallpapers.com/
http://freevitathemes.com/
http://vitawallpapers.tumblr.com/

An example of one lock screen
tmtAf.gif

There are also loads more in this thread.

Some examples of backgrounds and lock screens (note, these are not hotlinked! I just didn't want to cut their banner off as it seemed a bit douchy)

OT updated with these examples and links.

Sony have also finally announced that there will actually be some advertising. Hopefully SCEE do something too!

The cost of the marketing campaign at $50 million is “the largest platform launch in terms of marketing investment we’ve ever had,” Mr. Koller said.

Sony worked with Deutsch, part of the Interpublic Group of Companies, to create the campaign that includes television commercials, billboards, retail partnerships, digital banner ads and a significant presence in social media. The theme of the campaign, “Never Stop Playing,” will be featured on many of the ads as will the Twitter-influenced hashtag, #gamechanger.

Online users will see banner ads across 26 Web sites like Yahoo, ESPN, CNN and YouTube. Billboards and wallscapes will be seen in cities like New York, Chicago and San Francisco and radio ads for the Vita will be broadcast on the Howard Stern show on Sirius Radio during March Madness.

Last edited:
Went into game today. Still no news on when deals will be available in store but the manager seemed to think it would be a matter of days before the consoles release. I did see a deal in hmv:
The Vita @ rrp(both wifi and 3g) plus uncharted or fifa for free. Its not too bad if you want uncharted at launch. Im not sure if that comes with the preorder pack.

Hey mate! I ordered from gamestation a few weeks ago and they rang yesturday to ask if i wanted to preorder any extras like games cases etc and said there should be bundle prices by release to help save money but u have to preorder all the bits u want and hope they fit into one of there bundles come release day which is a load of c**p!

So i just stuck with the card and system im sure they will have left over stock they always doo!

Back
Top Bottom