***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

Soldato
OP
Vita is now £212.99 with the 8gb card at Play!

Excellent. That means Amazon will probably match lol. EDIT: Amazon have the WiFi for £210 now.

EDIT: They also have the 3G down at £263 including a card.

EDIT 2: An article about the making of Uncharted: Golden Abyss. http://www.1up.com/features/making-uncharted-golden-abyss

EDIT 3:

Eurogamer.net say that Sony have confirmed the PSN only game prices for launch day
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ms-ps-vita-1st-party-digital-only-game-prices

Escape Plan: £9.99
Top Darts: £6.49
Hustle Kings: £6.49
Super Stardust: Delta: £6.49
MotorStorm RC: £4.79

Those are excellent as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, I'm off to bed to get ready for the night shift. If anyone finds any juicy bits post em up and I'll add anything important to the OP.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll wait until Sony release a refresh of the Vita. In my experience:

Buy PS2 gen 1 (died). Later bought PS2 slim (still alive).
Buy PS3 gen 1 (died). Later bought a PS3 slim (still alive).

Until the refresh, the Nintendo DS I have will suffice.

My launch day Japanese PSP 1000 still works fine though :D

Soldato
I wish Amazon or Play would do a bundle including a 16GB memory card instead of 8GB.

So far for me the Play 3G Bundle with 8GB Card and Pre-Order Pack for £262.99 looks best.

Am I the only one who's too scared to order due to better deals coming out on a daily basis?

Also who's more likely to deliver on the 22nd Play or Amazon?

Man of Honour
Just cancel and order the new deal when it pops up. In my experience Amazon are more reliable for day 1 deliveries, and they also keep lowering my price every few days :)

Soldato
I can't believe the amount of people complaining about the price while browsing the internet. People will pay 500 to 600 on a smart phone and a Vita that has so much more power behind it and is half the price of these phones and I think "Really?"

The 3DS which looks like it's only just slightly surpassed the PSP in raw power wasn't much different in price when it was launched.

Caporegime
I can't believe the amount of people complaining about the price while browsing the internet. People will pay 500 to 600 on a smart phone and a Vita that has so much more power behind it and is half the price of these phones and I think "Really?"

The 3DS which looks like it's only just slightly surpassed the PSP in raw power wasn't much different in price when it was launched.
Well a mobile phone is a necessity nowadays, and I guess a smart phone is a standard. Something like this is always going to be in addition to that...

Also for the vast amount of people they dont buy SIMfree phones and so dont feel that direct one-off cost, so something thats the cost of a home console or half the cost of a standard phone seems expensive within that context

More on topic, Im gonna cancel my order, just cant see where/when Ill use it. Was hoping the PS3/Vita remote play idea would be far more fleshed out as for me that was its USP...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know how the Vita will do as a media player? (if at all??)

I'm looking at a small tablet-style media viewer to just watch streaming avi's etc from my NAS!

Probably the best part of £300 for a tablet so I was wondering how the Vita works as a media player?

Thanks.... (and sorry if its a stupid question)

Soldato

You also find its the same people who are willing to spend more amount of money on a single graphic card just to play latest console ports on their PC.:rolleyes:

Still holding out for Friday to see what Vita pre order deal appears to the best. Too many have been changed over the past few days.

So far Game is looking appealing because I have £32 to use on my account, taking the Uncharted bundle to about £238.

Soldato
Stupid question here about the 3g version and this vodafone offer. From what I understand, if you buy the 3g version from like amazon/play, it will include a vodafone sim.

On the vodafone website it states that if you top up £5 with them, you'll get a free copy of Wipeout, but do you have to buy the vita from vodafone aswell???

Associate
Not sure on the last post, thinking about going for a 3G one myself, I don't think you have to, but don't quote me. :) I think I will cancel my pre-order with Game. I have awaited long enought for them to think about bundles, for a company that is struggling this could lose some customers.

I have emailed them about getting my deposit back, even if it is in-store credit. Then look at all the great deals you there. :D

That's great news on the PSN store, very happy with the prices. So close now, can't wait.

Associate
I don't feel any need to have one instantly on the 22nd so have ordered a 32gb card from the link in the other thread and will just hang off and see what bundles are floating about on release, the card doesnt matter just whoever will give me a PS Vita 3G + either Uncharted or Fifa cheapest.

Associate
[ZiiP]carrot;21258004 said:
Stupid question here about the 3g version and this vodafone offer. From what I understand, if you buy the 3g version from like amazon/play, it will include a vodafone sim.

On the vodafone website it states that if you top up £5 with them, you'll get a free copy of Wipeout, but do you have to buy the vita from vodafone aswell???

All of the 3Gs come with a Vodafone SIM. As far as all info goes.. You just need to top up the sim with £5 to get the Wipeout game (regardless of where it's purchased).

If you buy from Vodafone, you get a free 4GB memory card as well.

Back
Top Bottom