PlayStation VR / VR2

Associate
Incredible experience with mine. Really chuffed and very impressed at the same time. Thought I was done with feeling the wow factor with gaming, not felt like since the Amiga days. Epic.

One last snippet, I now have two PSVRs, long story but I knew Tesco wouldn't honour their launch day delivery and I was right so ordered from John Lewis too. Are CEX still offering £420 for these ?, I have one unopened, maybe Ebay ?, otherwise I'll simply return it. Cheers.

Soldato
I won one last weekend with Pepsi with a PS4 and camera, I'm pretty excited to get going with it when it turns up in about a week or so. What games are people recommending?

Does anyone know the cost of Keep talking and no one explodes as I might even be able to get the gf to give that one a go! :p

11.99 or 10.79 if you have ps+

Soldato
Looks like my move controllers are dead

red led flashes but they never charge

Rainforest want £68 for twin set ... no chance

I thought that with mine - i bought them from CEX months ago ready for the inevitable price hike!

They have never gone green and continually flash red, however, i have been playing for hours with them and no issues. A quick scan on google says this is how they are. Just remember you have to sync them with the PS4 using a cable.

Soldato
I thought that with mine - i bought them from CEX months ago ready for the inevitable price hike!

They have never gone green and continually flash red, however, i have been playing for hours with them and no issues. A quick scan on google says this is how they are. Just remember you have to sync them with the PS4 using a cable.

thanks

I'll leave them for few hours to charge then see how goes

Soldato
Great thanks, is PS+ worth getting?

It's pretty much compulsory for any sort of online multiplayer, plus you get some additional discounts on sale items and a couple of free games each month (of varying quality). Works out about £3 a month if you buy a year's subscription online and its got to be worth that.

Associate
Played for the first time last night - just demos.

I've never said 'Wow' out loud so many times in one evening! :eek:

Only Rigs made me feel a bit giddy with all the jumping but that was the last demo I tried after playing for quite a long time and until late last night.

Soldato
Incredible experience with mine. Really chuffed and very impressed at the same time. Thought I was done with feeling the wow factor with gaming, not felt like since the Amiga days. Epic.

I know exactly what you mean, most games these days you may think 'thats good/nice' but nothing has come close the experience of the PS VR for a very long time. It just has the WOW factor!

Associate
Totally agree on the wow factor,we all know its not as good as on a high end pc,but holy moley,its way more than good enough for me.
I let my grandson do a few laps of DCVR yesterday,his first word was WOW,haha,then i told him the control to change the ingame view,he didn't want to know,no grandad,i will keep this view with the wheel,something he never does on any other driving game,lol.

Soldato
It's sounding like most in here don't already have a Rift / Vive (or have tried one)?

PS VR is very close to what you get with those two, much prefer the slightly lower resolution than the horrific god rays you get with the Rift.

Luckys Tale and the Rift demos still outclass everything the PS demo disc provides.

A combination of the PS VR headset and the Rift would be perfect.

Associate
Could someone explain to me how the 14 day statutory rights return guarantee works. Does the item have to be unopened/unused to return?

The reason being whilst I am loving the immersion of PSVR I am finding that for almost all games I am getting light headed / dizzy or motion sickness. If I don't get my 'VR legs' soon I will likely look to return it as very few games I can actually play. Would I be able to within 14 days as it has been opened and used a little? Thanks

Soldato
As a PSVR owner I cannot see myself ever playing 'flat' normal games again, they would feel so immersive

Anyone else feel that way ?

think its going to depend on how well implemented they are, can't see COD or battlefield working but something like mario worlds would be amazing and seated games is a given.

Soldato
As a PSVR owner I cannot see myself ever playing 'flat' normal games again, they would feel so unimmersive

Anyone else feel that way ?
Going back to flat games does kind of suck. The amount of information you lose in terms of scale, field of view and depth is quite jarring.

That said, until there's more and better VR games, readjusting back to flat gaming isn't too difficult as that's where tons of incredible games are.

Going back to high resolution image quality is always nice, too.

Soldato
Could someone explain to me how the 14 day statutory rights return guarantee works. Does the item have to be unopened/unused to return?

The reason being whilst I am loving the immersion of PSVR I am finding that for almost all games I am getting light headed / dizzy or motion sickness. If I don't get my 'VR legs' soon I will likely look to return it as very few games I can actually play. Would I be able to within 14 days as it has been opened and used a little? Thanks

Just return it mate, you have a valid reason.

Soldato
Well firstly my brother tried it yesterday... Shark Attack, I have never seen him so amazed at something since he was a kid, not a gamer at all, but VR Worlds - Oceans is an experience. He played the Kitchen, and laughed. Incredible response, I didn't expect it.

My mate came to mine last night after the pub, not drunk. He absolutely adored it too, and again not a gamer.

This VR movement is going to be very big, mark my words.

Back
Top Bottom