PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Scavengers Odyssey - OMG, sweats and had to lie down on floor for 10mins; horrible nausea with this one :(

Right, need some help:

I got the demo disc with the PSVR and installed it, i have also downloaded the Demo from the PS Store AND i have purchased PSVR Worlds.

However, on the demo disc is PSVR Worlds, on the Demo download is PSVR Worlds + some extra demo content.

Did i really need the demo disc or to buy PSVR Worlds when the dlownloadable demo from the store has it all?!

Next question, Little Star cinema - what is is the lean back? (doesn't seem to do anything). Can you play your own vid files? Can you change the location? ie in Gear VR you can be in a cinema, your living room or on the moon etc!

Soldato
Can't see it myself. £700 to get started and something that you get out at a Christmas party once a year like the Wii. The hardware might sell but the attachment rate for games will be abysmal.

Forget PC VR, PSVR will have 56 titles out by Christmas! Then we have Resident Evil VR to start next year off, which will change your mind. PS4 gamers picked the correct console imo.

Soldato
Scavengers Odyssey - OMG, sweats and had to lie down on floor for 10mins; horrible nausea with this one :(

Right, need some help:

I got the demo disc with the PSVR and installed it, i have also downloaded the Demo from the PS Store AND i have purchased PSVR Worlds.

However, on the demo disc is PSVR Worlds, on the Demo download is PSVR Worlds + some extra demo content.

Did i really need the demo disc or to buy PSVR Worlds when the dlownloadable demo from the store has it all?!

Next question, Little Star cinema - what is is the lean back? (doesn't seem to do anything). Can you play your own vid files? Can you change the location? ie in Gear VR you can be in a cinema, your living room or on the moon etc!

You needed to buy VR Worlds. Demo just includes Oceans, not even sure if it includes Shark Attack. Good purchase.

Soldato
Yeah, i did notice that, but only that one - in the demo only the tour was available, the shark etc was locked. But what else was worth the purchase?

Soldato
For those with the VR, do yourself a favour (if you have the move controllers) and get Batman VR.. I've just spent the past 1.5 hours playing it and it blew my mind.

The level of detail is amazing, you really feel like you are in gotham. The movement with the controllers (your hands in game) is spot on, very accurate down to the slightest movement.

You can interact with things, pick things up and look all around. The are models of the characters that you hold in your hand and move etc etc.. very impressive.

Soldato
For those with the VR, do yourself a favour (if you have the move controllers) and get Batman VR.. I've just spent the past 1.5 hours playing it and it blew my mind.

The level of detail is amazing, you really feel like you are in gotham. The movement with the controllers (your hands in game) is spot on, very accurate down to the slightest movement.

You can interact with things, pick things up and look all around. The are models of the characters that you hold in your hand and move etc etc.. very impressive.

Yep. This games alone(well plus Until Dawn) is the reason I'm getting another Move controller. It doesn't even work without the move controllers. Did you stand up for 1.5 hours?

Soldato
Yep. This games alone(well plus Until Dawn) is the reason I'm getting another Move controller. It doesn't even work without the move controllers. Did you stand up for 1.5 hours?

Yeah I stood up for the entire time, honestly though I had no idea that I'd been playing for so long it really did take me to another world.

I was just amazed by what you could interact with, pick up a clipboard hold it to you, turn it around. Pick up an object then move it to a table. Theres a test tube in the lab and you can pick it up and the liquid inside moves so realistically its crazy. Wont say too much for spoilers but anyone who wants to see what VR is then this is it.

I actually purchased pretty much every VR game and this was the last one I tried. I was amazed by the others but this was something else.

Soldato
Yeah I stood up for the entire time, honestly though I had no idea that I'd been playing for so long it really did take me to another world.

I was just amazed by what you could interact with, pick up a clipboard hold it to you, turn it around. Pick up an object then move it to a table. Theres a test tube in the lab and you can pick it up and the liquid inside moves so realistically its crazy. Wont say too much for spoilers but anyone who wants to see what VR is then this is it.

I actually purchased pretty much every VR game and this was the last one I tried. I was amazed by the others but this was something else.

I've been pretty much gripped by Eve, but I will get another move controller soon. RIGS has got huge potential as well, I'm just not very good at competitive shooting online or offline so far. Don't even know how to score a goal, I think when I do learn, it'll be an eureka moment.

Soldato
Earth[Tera].bin;30109193 said:
Been trying a few titles, all pretty positive so far, except 'Kitchen' - played it twice for five minutes , don't really want to play it again for christ sake.

Don't think i'll be able to play Resident Evil VR; but i'm a huge fan of the series so i'll probably have a few beers for dutch courage before i play it. I was literally punching thin air when the bitch came close.

Soldato
Don't think i'll be able to play Resident Evil VR; but i'm a huge fan of the series so i'll probably have a few beers for dutch courage before i play it. I was literally punching thin air when the bitch came close.

LOL, I can't wait for that, I'm a horror movie fan etc and this just brings it to another level

Soldato

I'm the same, scared the crap out of me including the second time round when I knew what was coming.

I know the Resi series well, and the last thing I need in VR is some big sod running at me with a chainsaw.

Associate
Earth[Tera].bin;30109225 said:
I'm the same, scared the crap out of me including the second time round when I knew what was coming.

I know the Resi series well, and the last thing I need in VR is some big sod running at me with a chainsaw.

I rather that over the HUGE spiders in RE1!!!!!!!!!!

Associate
If Resident Evil VR going to be anything like Kitchen demo, it's going to be brilliant.
Loving eve valkyrie, just don't do to many front rolls, felt a bit off after that, but not sick, just sat in the ship and you can look around the cockpit, it's just amazing, this is the next step in gaming experience, it can only get better, if you have the stomach for it :D

BTW if anyone is interested there is a sale going on of starwars battlefront for £10 at one of the main super markets instore, it's the GREEN one :D should be able to work that out.

Soldato
Apparently i jumped and shouted (this bit I know is true) "**** me" in the early part of until dawn, going to get driveclub and headmaster, would do eve but it's making me feel a bit odd :D so think i'll get my vr legs first.

Tried a 3d movie but no 3d effects happened :( and whilst it's very watchable the projector is way better.

Soldato
Finished Rez Infinate tonight areas 1-5 and X and it unlocks other modes including the lost level which is quite superb, it gives you a GREEN power up which you have to collect to finish the level.

Such a beautiful game :cool:

I tried Rez it looked nice but I no idea at at what I was supposed to be doing.

Soldato
Wow,thats awful,hope you are ok .

Happy to report back, after a lot of sleep on Friday afternoon I'm feeling much better and spent most of Saturday gaming on VR with my mate. We both tried Driveclub near the end of the day, he was fine with it. I was not.

I'm fine as long as the car isn't drifting. That's what I;ve narrowed it down to.

I can drive 30-50 mph along a road quite nicely, but as soon as the car/screen starts to go sideways my eyes and head go with it.

My mate who can stomach driveclub was unable to spend more than 10 minutes playing RIGS. That knocked him about and left him feeling ill for an hour afterwards.

Pretty much all the other games/demos on the US/UK store we have both been fine with.

Surprisingly I was fine with Thumper! considering how fast paced it is.

Back
Top Bottom