**** Please enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account ****

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

some of us don't sit on things all day long.

Plus some of us get notification of login's therefore logging out is a good security precaution amongst others.
Surely this is the whole purpose of 2FA? So that if someone were to try and log in they'd need your 2FA token code.

Logging out is only hurting you, not improving security.

Associate
the point is being missed: being told you had to was extreme. Encouraging would have been better if at all necessary, hopefully its not an overreaction to a few accounts.

Whats the point of keeping all this junk chewing away ram in your browser anyway! Login in when you need, not all the time.

Permabanned
some of us don't sit on things all day long.

Plus some of us get notification of login's therefore logging out is a good security precaution amongst others.

lol, logging out isn't going to help security. If someone has your password they would just log in again. Now with 2FA they can have your password. You won't get in.

Do you want my password? here you are.

tj4cRuddi^JCBbeL3#%LGe^CMmZ3R5mwF*4V5u%qqiUPu*5!nko6VNHz6s9kb9*7*pkHmg!fcteAvv6*@x!bf^9zP2ZFhyt6CLD*knukznJvDUVYUb6sAJq@Cm$CWj^2

Associate
Being told you had to to continue using the forums was extreme. Encouraging would have been better if at all necessary, hopefully its not an overreaction to a few accounts being accessed.

Permabanned
Being told you had to to continue using the forums was extreme. Encouraging would have been better if at all necessary, hopefully its not an overreaction to a few accounts being accessed.

The fact that some people have been scammed is enough to up security. If the scammers got away with it (which they probably have) they may have targeted more accounts.

Then probably started a scam off to log into your account. Then before you know it nobody would have been able to control it. I hope non of you who are against 2FA get scammed.

Luckily 2FA has been turned on in time.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The fact that some people have been scammed is enough to up security. If the scammers got away with it (which they probably have) they may have targeted more accounts.
No one was scammed out of money, but a few threads were created in the MM. Thankfully the moderating team caught them and some users reported the dodgy threads.

About the only thing that happened was @Mickfinn complaining that his ban was hurting his reputation :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Permabanned
A few, people could have been scammed out of large sums of monies for GPU's

No one was scammed out of money, but a few threads were created in the MM. Thankfully the moderating team caught them and some users reported the dodgy threads.

About the only thing that happened was @Mickfinn complaining that his ban was hurting his reputation :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Phew - that was close. Might have been a lot worse. :)

How can some ones ban on here hurt their reputation? :confused: :cry:

Soldato

I'm glad it's being enforced. If you have an account somewhere that is 2fa capable, you should be using 2fa without exception.

Soldato
MFA is only going to get bigger, as time goes on more sites will implement it. It gives enough time for them to iron out the problems and software developers to get better at security.

It's coming.

It's getting better all the time - the majority of 2fa enabled accounts I have, have push activation now... couldn't really be any simpler than that.

Soldato
Too late now - but should I have archived the seed QR code or the text key ?

having just scanned arstechnica article, that seems to be a common thing, otherwise I am consigned to Authy forever, which has encrypted it (irreversibly),
I suppose there is a last resort, recovery process with a new seed code blessed by OC, if it came to it.

Back
Top Bottom