Poll: Poll please- Do you drink alcohol?

Do you drink alcohol?

• Yes

Votes: 366 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 108 12.5%
  • Rarely

Votes: 280 32.4%
  • Too much

Votes: 110 12.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
Occasionally I'll have Gin or some whiskey/whisky of some kind, pretty rare though. I think between my wife and I we go through a 1 litre bottle of alcohol every couple of years.

I seem to get a few for christmas, so I'm pretty much always left with a few gathering dust!

Soldato
I didn't think I drank much until I started reading the replies....alcohol is one of life’s greatest pleasures in my opinion. I am quite shocked at the results.

I drink usually once a week, on a Friday night where I will have 3-4 pints and then a short or two. I have done this with my friends / fiance for about the last 5-6 years but prior to that I would be out for proper nights out, clubbing till 2am every weeks where a lot more was consumed.

I will also have a beer with a meal on the weekend or a couple of shorts watching a film. However I never drink Monday to Thursday unless it is a social occasion or meal out mid-week.

I have so many fantastic memories that are based around nights out and being tipsy with friends and family that I just cannot imagine life without it.

Last edited:
Associate
Interesting results as tbh I expected a larger number of people to say yes.

I wonder if that is because there are a good proportion of posters under 18 on here?

Man of Honour
Interesting results as tbh I expected a larger number of people to say yes.

I wonder if that is because there are a good proportion of posters under 18 on here?

In a forum which tends to attract a considerable number of people who are richer, better educated and/or older than average forum users, the number of people who said they don't use alcohol is the same as the number of people who diagnosed themselves as abusing it - 12.5%. A potent, highly toxic recreational drug routinely abused by a sizeable minority on here, where the proportion of drug abusers is likely to be lower than in society in general.

Interesting results indeed and you raise a good question regarding what effect the proportion of people who are under 18 has. There are probably significantly more >18s who abuse the drug than there are >18s who don't use it at all and that's in this forum.

We have a pretty serious drug problem in this country. It's possible to use alcohol in a way that doesn't cause problems for society and which doesn't damage the user, but a lot of people don't use it that way.

Back
Top Bottom