• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/politic...ar-taken-away-as-he-can-use-sat-nav-1-4990367

So glad us Tory's outsourced pip and disability living Allowance. Stops thousands of people scabbing cars who really don't need it. Love seeing them getting their cars and mobility scooters taken away

(Sarcasm) vote labour, stop the torys making the disabled pay for austerity.
Is this satire, or real? Hard to tell.

If real, couldn't you come up with a better 'doesn't need it' than a cystic fibrosis sufferer? That's a legit debilitating illness with a life expectancy miles below the average.

Caporegime
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/politic...ar-taken-away-as-he-can-use-sat-nav-1-4990367

So glad us Tory's outsourced pip and disability living Allowance. Stops thousands of people scabbing cars who really don't need it. Love seeing them getting their cars and mobility scooters taken away

(Sarcasm) vote labour, stop the torys making the disabled pay for austerity.

Yet out of the 51,000 cars removed two thirds win their appeal and quite often are put on even higher points. I saw one case where the assessor just tickled the persons hand with a feather and put down she could walk 20m unaided and got her car removed. The assessor gave her zero disability points and on appeal at tribunal the panel awarded her 20 points (you only need 12 for a car)

The big issue is that by the time you have won your appeal you have already lost your modified car and perhaps even your job before you get a new one back.

Soldato
That reminds of how Tories gleefully brought in a £1200 fee for employment tribunals. Apparently the fee would put an end to frivolous unfair dismissal cases.

And, as they were keen to point out, the number of cases brought did drop. What didn't change was the success rate of these cases. Instead of deterring frivolous cases, all it did was deny access to justice for some.

Unsurprisingly, there's no plans to remove the fee or provide more assistance to those who can't afford the fee.

Caporegime
That reminds of how Tories gleefully brought in a £1200 fee for employment tribunals. Apparently the fee would put an end to frivolous unfair dismissal cases.

And, as they were keen to point out, the number of cases brought did drop. What didn't change was the success rate of these cases. Instead of deterring frivolous cases, all it did was deny access to justice for some.

Unsurprisingly, there's no plans to remove the fee or provide more assistance to those who can't afford the fee.

Of course there isnt, in fact just the opposite. The Tories post Brexit want to bring in that employees can't even go to employment tribunals against small businesses as its "too much of a burden" on them

Soldato
Labour easily beating Tories among under-40s despite being 20 points behind overall
Figures show UK's generational split is bigger than ever
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-40s-young-people-older-winning-a7702616.html

Can't stress enough that young people need to get out and vote, and that we all need to encourage the young people we know to get to the ballot boxes. Otherwise, we allow the old to choose our direction.

Man of Honour
Labour easily beating Tories among under-40s despite being 20 points behind overall
Figures show UK's generational split is bigger than ever
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-40s-young-people-older-winning-a7702616.html

Can't stress enough that young people need to get out and vote, and that we all need to encourage the young people we know to get to the ballot boxes. Otherwise, we allow the old to choose our direction.

Not like Labour would be any less damaging for the country than the Tories at the moment just in a different way. People need to get out and vote for democracy and against the mess that is the current form of government and opposition.

Caporegime
People need to get out and vote for whoever they want to vote for tbh... not vote for whatever others think is the 'correct' choice.

Man of Honour
People need to get out and vote for whoever they want to vote for tbh... not vote for whatever others think is the 'correct' choice.

True but at the same time anyone voting for either of those two really isn't looking at the long term picture and what they are shackling themselves to - I really can't imagine anyone would knowingly want to but each to their own I guess.

Soldato
Not like Labour would be any less damaging for the country than the Tories at the moment just in a different way. People need to get out and vote for democracy and against the mess that is the current form of government and opposition.
I think Labour would be less damaging, to be honest.

Though I won't vote for either, unless I really feel like a tactical vote is in order (Tory/Labour swing seat, you see), but the point really is that under 40s favour Labour quite strongly over Tory, but are going to be given a government strongly controlled by the Tories because the old favour that direction and back it up with a relatively huge voter turnout.

People need to get out and vote because otherwise the decision is out of their hands.

Associate
Everything labour say about giving back to the people, nurses, disabled, etc they say will come from putting up corporation tax.

Don't you think that is a little short sighted when Brexit and access to the single market is almost certainly going to mean trying to keep corporations and jobs here is going to be more difficult.

I'm all for giving people what they are worth, I am on treatment for a serious illness right now and the nurses are excellent but I wonder where it should come from.

Man of Honour
I think Labour would be less damaging, to be honest.

Though I won't vote for either, unless I really feel like a tactical vote is in order (Tory/Labour swing seat, you see), but the point really is that under 40s favour Labour quite strongly over Tory, but are going to be given a government strongly controlled by the Tories because the old favour that direction and back it up with a relatively huge voter turnout.

People need to get out and vote because otherwise the decision is out of their hands.

A lot of what Labour has been talking about recently are all well and good in the short term but basically leaving the problem to the next generation(s) to deal with some of it ideology driven that would leave the country weaker in the long term for short term gain - unfortunately a lot of people, especially the young, will probably vote for that. Then you have the general mess they are as a party right now.

There is some merit in voting for Labour so as to give sufficient opposition to the Tories but of late they don't even seem particularly effective at that even when the odds are in their favour.

Its high time people took their country back and gave both parties the lowest votes ever - at least as a shot across the bows - but unfortunately I can't see people being cognisant in enough numbers as to the need for that.

Soldato
Everything labour say about giving back to the people, nurses, disabled, etc they say will come from putting up corporation tax.

Don't you think that is a little short sighted when Brexit and access to the single market is almost certainly going to mean trying to keep corporations and jobs here is going to be more difficult.

I'm all for giving people what they are worth, I am on treatment for a serious illness right now and the nurses are excellent but I wonder where it should come from.

Just goes to show how the young shouldn't be allowed to vote as they're clearly don't have the maturity or objectivity to make the correct decisions. Brainwashed by the Leftist media that dominates in this country.

And the thought that anyone actually believes that Labour/Corbyn is the best choice for this country currently is the funniest thing I've read all day.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just goes to show how the young shouldn't be allowed to vote as they're clearly don't have the maturity or objectivity to make the correct decisions. Brainwashed by the Leftist media that dominates in this country.
hahaha the uk has a massive ring wing media bias. you, my friend, are the one who's brainwashed

B@

Man of Honour
hahaha the uk has a massive ring wing media bias. you, my friend, are the one who's brainwashed

B@

A lot of "alternative media" and the likes is heavily left leaning which is what a lot of younger people consume these days - often indirectly through things like facebook trending and stuff shared about on social media, etc.

Soldato
A lot of "alternative media" and the likes is heavily left leaning which is what a lot of younger people consume these days - often indirectly through things like facebook trending and stuff shared about on social media, etc.
if you look at the voting figures the Murdoch controlled media is far more of an issue than facebook news! the young are not the problem here, other than not enough of them bother to vote.

The temerity to suggest "the old" make the correct economic decisions as well.. just look at Brexit. There's a popularist vote if ever there was one.

B@

Last edited:
Man of Honour
if you look at the voting figures the Murdoch controlled media is far more of an issue than facebook news! the young are not the problem here, other than not enough of them bother to vote.

The temerity to suggest "the old" make the correct economic decisions as well.. just look at Brexit. There's a popularist vote if ever there was on.

B@

Not personally imply the old make the right decision either at the end of the day all you can do is have as broad a section of the population voting and hope it comes down somewhere close to what is best :s

Caporegime

To be fair I am thinking of tactically voting for the first time in my life. The votre for my preferred party would be totally wasted (I think they came 5th or 6th in last election)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom