• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I'm not sure her talking about gutting the NHS, getting rid of the triple lock on pensions, raising VAT, income tax and NI will do her any favours, so it's all she's got really...

Imagine her trying to phone up for a takeaway between now and the election.

"Good evening, how can I help you?"
"What I would like, and what I believe the British public need, is strong, stable leadership. Not the coalition of chaos that would be the result of any other party but the Conservatives forming a government."

Associate
Associate
The Remain campaigners may have exaggerated for effect. However, the gist of their predictions - financial turmoil, serious devaluation of sterling (it fell 18% against the US dollar), international business being diverted elsewhere, increasing unemployment and yet more cuts to vital and already hard-pressed public services, are still the probable shape of things to come.

The Brexit brigade, on the other hand, lied blatantly. They knew there wouldn't be any more money for the UK government to spend, quite the opposite, and they knew that the Tory right-wingers driving the campaign don't think we should have an NHS, or indeed any other form of publicly-funded health service; they certainly wouldn't be putting £350 million a week extra into it.

(For those who say that the bus advert that mentioned saving £350 million a week and increasing NHS funding was just a suggestion. Actually, Boris Johnson spoke during the campaign in front of a message which explicitly promised an extra £350 million a week for the NHS after we leave the EU.)

Mendacity from both sides during the campaign, but an order of magnitude more from the Brexiters.
Why does everyone mention that bus but forget the word " could" in that sentence.

Soldato
This is the kind of **** that really ****** me off.

Chris Doidge of BBC Radio Derby asks the PM "Do you know what a know what a mugwump is?"

Her reply...

And I kid you not, this isn't a joke ...

"What I recognise is that what we need in this country is strong and stable leadership and we need that because we need to have a strong hand in negotiating our deal with the European Union for Brexit so that we get that brighter future for this country."

You can listen to it here - https://audioboom.com/posts/5862107-mugwump

What the actual ****?! Is she stuck on repeat or something?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's because she knows the media will edit her words and take it out of context, therefore they repeat themselves and theoretically lessen the chances of that happening

So either we were deliberately misled or Osbourne wasn't aware of what corrective actions the BOE could take - neither paints Remain in a positive light.

No not at all, I know this is going to be difficult to grasp but not everything is a binary choice and some things cannot be said.
Eg when we said we would defend our currency to not come out of the ERM traders destroyed us.

So Osbourne would have been fully aware of the options available to the government and the BOE as the main levers. He however couldn't say the BOE were going to step in to limit the impact as the first action as that, as I pointed out before, would have opened the flood gates to the traders to make profits off the back of it, hence increasing the cost to the government. So he gave a fear speech that gave the same impact, but a different way.

Associate
I'm still waiting for your response to two requests to justify your misuse of people with disabilities to push your agenda.

Shhh you. Having a disability myself, why should I?

I've posted evidence already of the suicides from the Tory bedroom tax and I've prosted evidence of people dying from atos assessments declaring them fit for work when dying from cancer and just general disabled people losing their cars and mobility scooters so they become house bound.

Man of Honour
Shhh you. Having a disability myself, why should I?

I've posted evidence already of the suicides from the Tory bedroom tax and I've prosted evidence of people dying from atos assessments declaring them fit for work when dying from cancer and just general disabled people losing their cars and mobility scooters so they become house bound.

Do you presume to be speaking on behalf of my wife too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom