Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
It's just a joke, Nuttall just said something which is pretty scary, it's been said i don't know how many times, a house needs to be built every 7 mins, a city the size of Hull. It's just not feasible, why do people ignore this...it's bizarre.

That's true?

Caporegime
No the land prices are high as most land you can not build on, so when land becomes available it is fought over. Increasing the amount of land whilst working on house prices lowers everything. Especially when talking about things like planning permission for tiny house movement which developers couldn't touch.
I can't see how planning permission is to blame, when around me dozens and dozens of green fields have been turned into housing in the last few years, with many, many more green fields now being built on as we speak. There are about 5 large-scale housing developments within 5 minutes of me as we speak.

The houses these are creating are all £200-£300k+ (£200k for the smallest 1-bedroom).

Demand is absolutely insatiable. And like I said, about 50% of these houses have "TO LET" signs on them immediately after being built.

In this climate it does not matter how many houses you build, almost. Speculation and BTL will take large chunks out of circulation, immediately.

Seriously, this is happening because the rental market is so unregulated and so profitable, with no security for tenants and landlords able to get away with absolute murder.

I was half watching the TV audience debate on Newsnight last night. The one where they pitched the pensioners vs the under 30s. One guy said "I was forced into being a BTL landlord - I didn't want to - but the BTL income is my pension."

So... what happened to his real pension? His state pension? Did he lose them somehow? Or does he really mean "I want to spend my last days cruising around the world on luxury cruise liners, and my state pension/work pension won't fund that, you know."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom