• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's like Nvidia have some people's self esteem, they need to buy it back every year or so.

It's like that in every walk of life. Some people just feel inadequate for whatever reason and have to spend more money than any one else to (in their eyes) be better. I am a member of a few hobby/sport forums and it's all the same. For example guys spending $10k on a BMX bike yet never riding it, and guys like me riding concrete bowls at 45 years old.

I wouldn't even mind if people used this hardware until it died, but they will put it in their machine, smash out a few benchmarks, get the "feel good factor" for about a week and then they will return to the forums to wait for the next one.

And Nvidia know this, and they know that these people would be willing to pay almost any price for that. It's mental abuse to me. They are literally abusing their loyal customers.

But you can't tell any one dude. You just can't. Like, when Intel took the pee for a decade and every one was sticking up for them (solder gate for example, where they blatantly lied about the ability to solder) and hardly any one batted an eye lid. Then when Ryzen releases they finally turn around and say "Hey ! Intel have been ripping me off for a decade !" yet you try and tell them that before and they won't listen to you lol.

IDK man, world done gone crazy.

I don't get all of this insulting of people who want to buy what they want. All the mug and sheep and self esteem nonsense. Then it's the fact that the same people repeat it over and over. These comments say more about them than the people buying the cards. There must be an issue, just spending days posting the same thing about people's spending habits. Like a need to control people's buying or it probably says more about their self esteem, that they can't stand the fact people are buying something they are not going to get (and I don't mean affording it).

It's more concerning than someone spending £1k+ on a GPU and I'd be much more concerned with myself if I was posting this stuff over and over as opposed to spending, which at the end of the day, is just money.

I'm sure when those same people are still moaning and trying to make people feel bad, those people with the cards will be having fun with them.

I don't get all of this insulting of people who want to buy what they want. All the mug and sheep and self esteem nonsense. Then it's the fact that the same people repeat it over and over. These comments say more about them than the people buying the cards. There must be an issue, just spending days posting the same thing about people's spending habits. Like a need to control people's buying or it probably says more about their self esteem, that they can't stand the fact people are buying something they are not going to get (and I don't mean affording it).

It's more concerning than someone spending £1k+ on a GPU and I'd be much more concerned with myself if I was posting this stuff over and over as opposed to spending, which at the end of the day, is just money.

I'm sure when those same people are still moaning and trying to make people feel bad, those people with the cards will be having fun with them.

I'm not insulting any one, people are free to do whatever they want because it won't affect me in the slightest.

However, ask yourself this. How could you lay out £1200 on a GPU for which you have seen no performance stats of whatsoever. It's all a bit China drinking instrument no? You must really trust Nvidia to do that.

PC gaming is dead currently and the 1080ti pretty much monsters any game currently out there or any upcoming.

Anyone buying these are just in it for their e-penis enlargement.

Jeso. Usually the salt is coming from those who aren't buying the cards. This time it's from those who have bought it. Buyers remorse perhaps.

Nope, I am not buying think the price is ridiculous. But, that doesn't matter. Your agenda is obvious, not to discuss the cards but to make them sound much worse than they actually are with no factual information at all.

That you actually posted the same gibberish again after I pointed out that your information was wrong, just shows that.

And this post of yours isn't speculating, it's a statement of fact, which you can't back up at all.

"1300 quid for a mid range 2080. Trust me the "real" 2080ti will be coming later.

What is the world coming to"

And I will say it again, the 2080Ti isn't a mid range GPU. Just stick to the facts.

PC gaming is dead currently and the 1080ti pretty much monsters any game currently out there or any upcoming.

Anyone buying these are just in it for their e-penis enlargement.

Yup I have been saying that all along. I bought a T XP last year for £600 (about a week before mining gate) and ended up slapping it under water (240 custom loop). It spends most of its days at 2100mhz (about 43c tops) running games at 4k. I have not met a single game yet that made it worry any.

I just hope that the people buying into Turing are prepared for low performance gains in the games they have, and a patient wait for RT to come to fruition.

I also wonder how many of those people buying will actually send them back once they get the performance figures? does make you wonder....

And I will say it again, the 2080Ti isn't a mid range GPU. Just stick to the facts.

No, but it isn't the 7nm card coming out next year either. And the irony is that by the time there are any games worth playing the 7nm cards will be out.

Can we have a new poll please? How long it's going to take until the whinging all stops (from old-gen carders) and things return to normal....and many of those whinging end up buying one...….

Can we have a new poll please? How long it's going to take until the whinging all stops (from old-gen carders) and things return to normal....and many of those whinging end up buying one...….

I like the fact you said many will end up buying them anyway. That was said when the 10 series was released too. I didn't buy one then due to principles on price and still haven't 2 years later. It's an even worse scenario now, especially as they have basically doubled the price of the Ti model and added over $100 to the other tiers so far.

I like the fact you said many will end up buying them anyway. That was said when the 10 series was released too. I didn't buy one then due to principles on price and still haven't 2 years later. It's an even worse scenario now, especially as they have basically doubled the price of the Ti model and added over $100 to the other tiers so far.
You will probably be in the minority. When folks stop caring about the 10 series, all focus is on the 20 series, many will end up making it happen, somehow. Some of those complaining clearly love to try new tech. Resistance is futile :p

Last edited:
You will probably be in the minority. When folks stop caring about the 10 series, all focus is on the 20** series, many will end up making it happen, somehow. Some of those complaining clearly love to try new tech. Resistance is futile :p

Possibly. Thankfully I broke that cycle of addiction 2 years ago and haven't looked back. I no longer get that excited feeling waiting for a new release. It's saved me a small fortune the last couple of years, my PC savings account is looking rather healthy. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy technology still, but no longer feel the need to have it, even if I can afford it. I now only really spend if something actually breaks or after turning down settings I still can't get smooth performance. It doesn't really help that AAA games are getting less and less appealing as well as all the price rises. They just seem to re-hash the same crap year after year. I've had far more fun on games like prison architect, NMS, Invisble Inc, Kerbal Space Programe, Hearts of Iron, and I'm currently playing through bomber crew. None of which require a powerful GPU

It's good to watch all this from outside the bubble so to speak though.

Maybe it's best viewing the RTX 20xx series like a prologue not yet the full on next version but a taster of what's to come from the next version, and if you want the benefits and performance with new features it's best to wait unless you can burn some cash.

From the above Poll we see that more people (90) are waiting for AMD an card, than buying a Turing (65).

This results surprises me in this forum especially....
Quite a few of us consider oursleves vendor-neutral/agnostic, and so will go with whoever is giving the most bang for buck.

That's obviously not nV atm ;) I think they've sealed up any concept they may have had about VfM and cast it into the deepest level of hell, never to be spoken of again.

Quite a few of us consider oursleves vendor-neutral/agnostic, and so will go with whoever is giving the most bang for buck.

That's obviously not nV atm ;) I think they've sealed up any concept they may have had about VfM and cast it into the deepest level of hell, never to be spoken of again.

There are some cracking deals on 10 series cards at the mo :D

Silly question as I don't suppose anyone is going to know the answer, but the major review sites must surely have samples of the new graphics cards, and yet there are no benchmarks. Sites make plenty of mention about NDAs, but normally they would only be applicable up to the end of the day of launch.
It would be very unusual to run an NDA up to the shipment date in September, so the question is, when can we expect to see the first benchmarks appearing ?

Silly question as I don't suppose anyone is going to know the answer, but the major review sites must surely have samples of the new graphics cards, and yet there are no benchmarks. Sites make plenty of mention about NDAs, but normally they would only be applicable up to the end of the day of launch.
It would be very unusual to run an NDA up to the shipment date in September, so the question is, when can we expect to see the first benchmarks appearing ?

Nvidia did the public reveal first, then next day held a reviewers conference in private - a couple of reviewers have tweeted pics showing they have the cards in hand but they don't even have the drivers issued to them yet. Reviews should be up in about a week or so iirc.

However, ask yourself this. How could you lay out £1200 on a GPU for which you have seen no performance stats of whatsoever. It's all a bit China drinking instrument no? You must really trust Nvidia to do that.
Simple for home Ray Tracing its massively faster then last gen cards while being massively cheaper then the alternative Ray Tracing cards. What I have see so far shows its more of a worthwhile upgrade for me then the last gen was and it offers better price/performance ratio then the other Ray Tracing cards. Perfect for home RT use.

Will go from 1070 to 2080, want more performance at 1440p/165Hz and don't feel like buying a 1080Ti.

Also want to experience RE2 Remake in the best possible way.

Back
Top Bottom