• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The real Ti will be coming in 6 months. All they have done is re jig this series.

Pretty obvious.

2080Ti actually = 2080
2080 = 2070

Explained this to you already, You are wrong, stop posting misinformed rubbish.

The 2080Ti is the real 2080ti, it's the GT102 chip. ie the same chip level that made the 1080ti (GP102) or are you going say that the 1080ti isn't the real one?

1080 - GP104
2080 - GT104

1080Ti - GP102
2080Ti - GT102.

You are unhappy with the price, fine, but stop posting nonsense.

I love that die size is now a concrete indicator of performance.

You don't think nvidia have thought about this? They can make the die as big as they want just by spacing things out and adding silicone. Great way to convince people they are getting a full fat GPU.

Oh, please stop, you obviously know nothing about GPUs. Just stick to complaining about the price and comparing it to past generations. Your arguments about the real Ti and die sizes are ridiculous.

I'm really swithering about it a the moment. I recently built a PC which currently has a Ryzen 2400G APU in it, and it was built with the intention of getting a bigger GPU and CPU later. Any GPU I get today will be a massive improvement on what I currently have.

Holding out for the nvidia announcement hasn't really made my mind any clearer. I do like the look of the RTX 2070 for me personally, but as already mentioned, there is that real nagging doubt about the longer term and whether the 7nm stuff will come along and blow it all out the water,

or whether the RTX stuff is a waste of time
or whether RTX will be utilised in other programs ( Adobe After effects etc etc )
who knows

I think at the moment, its going to be a case of hold off, and just get a more basic card to get me through.

Oh, please stop, you obviously know nothing about GPUs. Just stick to complaining about the price and comparing it to past generations. Your arguments about the real Ti and die sizes are ridiculous.
Are they really. Lol

We have no idea what's inside the die other than what nvidia tell us. The size is whatever nvidia want it to be. 1+1=2. If they want to convince people they are getting a great gpu. Make the die bigger. And everyone is swallowing up.

"where are the performance figures?"
"don't worry, it will be amazing. Look at the size of the die!"

A bit like ferrari releasing a new car with no performance specs. "but look at the size of the exhausts! It must be fast!"

Explained this to you already, You are wrong, stop posting misinformed rubbish.

The 2080Ti is the real 2080ti, it's the GT102 chip. ie the same chip level that made the 1080ti (GP102) or are you going say that the 1080ti isn't the real one?

1080 - GP104
2080 - GT104

1080Ti - GP102
2080Ti - GT102.

You are unhappy with the price, fine, but stop posting nonsense.
Calm down pal. Like. WAY down.

Nobody except nvidia knows what is in the die! I'm not claiming as fact that it isn't the real 2080ti. I'm saying it's a possibility and wouldn't surprise me.

Who cares what number is stamped on the die!? It's completely arbitrary. Its invented by nvidia. They can stamp GT102. GT104 or "I love cheesecake" on the die. It means nothing until we have seen the entire range!!

I would not be at all surprised if its not the real Ti. That in 6 months we get the real Ti mascaraing as a Titan. And then the Titan labelled as "mega Titan" Nvidia have clear previous for doing this. They have done it before.

You simply don't know. Neither do I. So stop getting all uppity saying I'm posting rubbish. It's a possibility. And with nvidia nothing would surprise me.

Last edited:
Does it matter...

those who want one will buy one.

it will most likely be faster.

those priced out will complain.

capitalism ftw

I find it interesting that they release the Ti 2080 immediatly of launch - when with all the older cards they only released the Ti version months following official launch!

I'm always keen to keep up with technology progress for my gaming PC hobby - but these launch prices are absolutely ludicrous - no way would I consider paying over £800 for a regular Ti card - and even that's a stretch!

I think the mining upset in the pricing has made Nvidia very greedy and more fool anyone who supports that by buying at these crazy prices, imo.

Nobody except nvidia knows what is in the die! I'm not claiming as fact that it isn't the real 2080ti. I'm saying it's a possibility and wouldn't surprise me.

Who cares what number is stamped on the die!? It's completely arbitrary. Its invented by nvidia. They can stamp GT102. GT104 or "I love cheesecake" on the die. It means nothing until we have seen the entire range!!

I would not be at all surprised if its not the real Ti. That in 6 months we get the real Ti mascaraing as a Titan. And then the Titan labelled as "mega Titan" Nvidia have clear previous for doing this. They have done it before.

You simply don't know. Neither do I. So stop getting all uppity saying I'm posting rubbish. It's a possibility. And with nvidia nothing would surprise me.
You are posting complete rubbish. Any tech guru will take the die apart and see what is what. You have stated many times in the last 24 hours that the real 2080Ti is coming in 6 months, you have speculated complete and utter rubbish and made out you know things when in reality, you have shown what you know by posting NVidia are spreading stuff out on the die to make more room. Geeez lad, give it a rest already.

Are they really. Lol

We have no idea what's inside the die other than what nvidia tell us. The size is whatever nvidia want it to be. 1+1=2. If they want to convince people they are getting a great gpu. Make the die bigger. And everyone is swallowing up.

"where are the performance figures?"
"don't worry, it will be amazing. Look at the size of the die!"

A bit like ferrari releasing a new car with no performance specs. "but look at the size of the exhausts! It must be fast!"

Who is arguing about performance figures? I am not, I don't know the performance. I am saying, that you know nothing about GPUs based on your ridiculous statement, that Nvidia are spacing things out and adding silicon.

I am perfectly calm. I am telling you to stop posting absolute drivel like it's fact. These two posts are more examples of drivel. You are posting like you know something, and phrases like "spacing things out and adding silicon" make you sound like, well completely clueless.

You stated quite clearly, that "the Real ti is coming in 6 months all they done is rejig the series." Show your evidence? Prove you aren't talking Drivel?

If they release a new card called the Mega Titan, that will be a new card, it won't be a 2080Ti. If they release 7nm cards, than that will be new generation of cards. It still won't make the 2080ti any less real.

At least I have some kind of facts to prove what I am saying. Nvidia have used the xx102 chip for the x80ti parts in Pascal, they are now using the xx102 chip for the x80Ti part in Turing. There is a hell of a lot more evidence to support what I am saying, then what you are saying.

I mean prices are ridiculous, but so is this hobby, lets say you make 3k a month so dropping 1k+ every few years on a new card is no biggie.

From the above Poll we see that more people (90) are waiting for AMD an card, than buying a Turing (65).

This results surprises me in this forum especially....

I honestly don't know any more now than I did last week expect Nvidia are wanting developers to start using Ray Tracing techniques to render scenes.

If the 2080 RTX Ti is really and genuinely x6 the performance of a 10 series 1080 then yeah I probably would buy one at £1200. Problem is there was sooo much marketing BS and sooo little substance that I just don't believe Nvidia tbh, I think they are trying to fudge it.

It will be interesting to see which UK retailers are gonna promote the 20 series cards with x6 performance given our consumer laws, when I start seeing that then I'll start to take more interest.

Came back to read through and look at the vote.

It's quite obvious that if it was priced reasonably, as most expected.
You could probably reverse the figures for 2080 TI and *Not Interested!!

One can only hope NV learn from this episode for 7nm!!

Fingers firmly crossed!!

Last edited:
From the above Poll we see that more people (90) are waiting for AMD an card, than buying a Turing (65).

This results surprises me in this forum especially....

Hoping to find a good deal on a VEGA GPU in next few months. Or maybe AMD might offer something new who knows?

Literally nothing in the Nvidia camp I wanna try atm. These threads are fun to read though. Even devotees to Nvidia have been annoyed this time xD

Back
Top Bottom