• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
The OCUk 2080 preorder prices seem to have drifted up in the last day or so? There's only the Asus Dual at the £716 mark now.
Are people going for 2080s at £750 and above with no benchmarks yet or any reviews to rate cooling efficiency / noise etc between the AIBs and against the FE?

Soldato
I'd be interested to know from the people who have pre-ordered, what their limit would have been for the 80ti price before they themselves said enough is enough
I've now pre-ordered to try out the new tech and was going looking to upgrade at some point anyway as my other PC is GPU less. Was not sure at first however, thinking would be better waiting until next year.
Not sure to be honest on the £ side. I've had a TXM and a TXP in the past although that came as part of a PC from OCUk but would have cost £1099. I'd be fairly happy to spend around that every 2 years, ideally 3. I think if I had kept the TXP I wouldn't have bothered upgrading this time however. I'm seeing it as a TXP replacement. I'm not a heavy gamer either and will put it to use at other things - side project involving calculations. My old card will be moved to my spare PC. That'll be a bit of an overkill but nice to have a spare decent GPU in case of any issues.
Not sure how much higher I would have gone. I did think "what if a new TX lands?" but can see that being £1500+ and given not a heavy gamer and only play at 1440P, probably a bit OTT.
I also look at the potential resell value. True cost is really purchase price - selling price. If it's worth £500 in a few years that makes it £300 a year.
having a few shares in NV and AMD has helped too :).

Last edited:
Associate
When can we expect real benchmarks?

I only thing I keep seeing is various developers saying they are going to try and hit 1080p 60fps with RTX. Surely that isn't true considering the cost of the card?

Soldato
That doesn't answer the question:p
A bit off topic (sorry folks) but having a savings account for components isn't a bad idea however. If anyone else agrees, have a look at the Revolut card. It works like a debit card, and you have to keep it topped up. You can set an option to round up to the nearest pound when buying stuff and the remainder is added to a kind of savings account (vault it's called). I reckon over the course of a year or so you'd be surprised how quickly it builds up. COuld be a way to save the pennies towards PC upgrades

Soldato
A bit off topic (sorry folks) but having a savings account for components isn't a bad idea however. If anyone else agrees, have a look at the Revolut card. It works like a debit card, and you have to keep it topped up. You can set an option to round up to the nearest pound when buying stuff and the remainder is added to a kind of savings account (vault it's called). I reckon over the course of a year or so you'd be surprised how quickly it builds up. COuld be a way to save the pennies towards PC upgrades

Neat. Monzo has pots. There is also YNAB for more hard core pot saving. I don't however have a pot for a computer. Somewhat short sighted.

Associate
£800 was my limit but looked at my savings account for PC components and it was a lot healthier than expected, so thought bugger it and ordered.

Can I have a look at your savings account and order myself one? Sharing is caring, you'll feel better after sharing your riches blah blah?

LOL

I will say this, the new founders editions is really nice looking card, is it the best no but aesthetically very appealing. Some of the after market companies could learn few things about aesthetically pleasing here form Nvidia.

I am still not buying one until Nvidia drops price to £800-£900 range, which is never going to happen tbh.

Nah they look like cheap VHS tapes.

Associate
Definately not.
I have a 6 month old 1080ti which is more than enough for my needs, I game at 1440p. I have no desire to game at 4K, not for a very long time anyway.
I also couldn’t care less about the ray tracing the new cards offer, it’s not going to affect the enjoyment I get from playing games.

Back
Top Bottom