Polo 9N AWY 'check engine' light on

Soldato
One of my first was a Mini 1000, that had 39.5 PS so slightly less in bhp and not a single driving aid in sight:D

Mine wasn't held together with pasta though, it was mostly rotten panels, hidden from MOT testers view with glass fibre resin and underseal!! :o :D

Soldato
Never had issue with steering, PAS or no PAS.

Same for braking, never had issue with/without ABS, or without traction control or...

Basically, driver aids and electronic gadgets (windows, locks etc) are nice to have but aren't needed in a car provided you're not driving it hamfisted...and even then you can still get out of lots of sticky situations.
Just happens that Acme couldn't get out of his, as many of us have had I'm sure so I don't get why he is being abused about it by some, others are doing it light heartedly mind.

Caporegime
OP
The two new errors are electrical errors that I have never seen before. They may have come about after I was testing the wiring loom and juggling fuses. I have reset them and hope they don't return.

As for the original 2, I still haven't actually fitted a new lambda, so it could still be that.

But yes I do need a new car ASAP... So many to choose from though.

Associate
I had a similar situation with my polo ages ago, when i finally got an answer from the garage it was the EGR valve, no issue with anything else the car was driving fine but the EGR valve was faulty (someone at some point had fitted a cheaper aftermarket part and fitted it badly)

But good luck getting yours fixed,

I dumped mine as after that i had a faulty airbag sensor and problems with the dashboard then the AC gave up and that was the end of that car for me...

Caporegime
OP
Electrical errors have cleared off and not come back, think that was just a blip from playing with the loom with the battery connected. :p

What problems did you have with the dash? And I don't have A/C to break haha

Associate
The speaker in the dash that buzzes when lights are left on and sometimes the dashboard dials would be a bit sluggish and unresponsive, they took it out and that was a loose wire but the speaker would have been a £400 job to take it all out ship it off to be repaired and reprogram it when it was returned so i didnt bother with that

Back
Top Bottom